Doxil and Radius fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 10,314 people who have side effects when taking Doxil. Radius fracture is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lasix and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Doxil and have Radius fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxil.
Among them, 9 people (0.09%) have Radius fracture.
What is Doxil?
Doxil has active ingredients of doxorubicin hydrochloride. It is used in ovarian cancer. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 10,373 Doxil users.
What is Radius fracture?
Radius fracture is found to be associated with 968 drugs and 463 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 3,445 people who have Radius fracture.
Number of Doxil and Radius fracture reports submitted per year:
Time on Doxil when people have Radius fracture *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Radius fracture when taking Doxil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Radius fracture when taking Doxil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Doxil *:
- Megace: 8 people, 88.89%
- Kytril: 8 people, 88.89%
- Naprosyn: 8 people, 88.89%
- Miacalcin: 8 people, 88.89%
- Zometa: 8 people, 88.89%
- Marcaine: 8 people, 88.89%
- Lovenox: 8 people, 88.89%
- Lipitor: 8 people, 88.89%
- Lidocaine: 8 people, 88.89%
- Lasix: 8 people, 88.89%
Common side effects people have besides Radius fracture *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 9 people, 100.00%
- Back Pain: 9 people, 100.00%
- Csf Test Abnormal: 8 people, 88.89%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 8 people, 88.89%
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal in the neck): 8 people, 88.89%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 8 people, 88.89%
- Chromatopsia (visual defect in which colourless objects appear to be tinged with colour): 8 people, 88.89%
- Meniscus Lesion (lesion of a crescent-shaped piece of cartilage between the femur and the tibia): 8 people, 88.89%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 8 people, 88.89%
- Ischaemia (insufficient supply of blood to an organ, usually due to a blocked artery): 8 people, 88.89%
Common conditions people have *:
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Doxil and have Radius fracture?Check whether Radius fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Doxil side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Doxil side effects (10,373 reports)
Radius fracture treatments and more:
- Radius fracture (3,445 reports)
Common drugs associated with Radius fracture:
- Fosamax: 802 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 310 reports
- Aspirin: 202 reports
- Prednisone: 194 reports
- Vitamins: 183 reports
- Methotrexate: 172 reports
- Vioxx: 155 reports
- Actonel: 146 reports
- Forteo: 144 reports
- Humira: 143 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Radius fracture:
- Radius fracture (968 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Radius fracture:
- Osteoporosis: 907 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 266 reports
- High blood pressure: 199 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 132 reports
- Pain: 118 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Radius fracture:
- Radius fracture (463 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on doxorubicin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Doxil) and Doxil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cod Liver Oil and Nightmares - 3 seconds ago
- Fludara and Sprycel drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Albuterol Sulfate and Xeloda drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Metolazone and Xpovio drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Cozaar and Nuvaring drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Micronase and Revlimid drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Enulose and Weight Decreased - 26 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Bipolar I Disorder - 27 seconds ago
- Aricept and Darifenacin drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Navane and Prolixin drug interaction - 33 seconds ago