Doxycycline and Nail ridging - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nail ridging is reported only by a few people who take Doxycycline.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Doxycycline and have Nail ridging. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,763 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
53,763 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Nail ridging.
What is Doxycycline?
Doxycycline has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 57,015 Doxycycline users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nail ridging?
Nail ridging (nail has raised ridges and is thin and curved inward) is found to be associated with 426 drugs and 283 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Doxycycline and Nail ridging reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nail ridging when taking Doxycycline *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Nail ridging when taking Doxycycline *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Doxycycline *:
- Zoloft: 1 person, 33.33%
- Tarceva: 1 person, 33.33%
- Tagrisso: 1 person, 33.33%
- Singulair: 1 person, 33.33%
- Simponi: 1 person, 33.33%
- Pepcid: 1 person, 33.33%
- Pantoprazole: 1 person, 33.33%
- Niaspan: 1 person, 33.33%
- Levaquin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Iressa: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Nail ridging *:
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 2 people, 66.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 66.67%
- Ingrowing Nail: 2 people, 66.67%
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 33.33%
- Lip Dry: 1 person, 33.33%
- Brain Neoplasm (tumour of brain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 33.33%
- Eyelids Pruritus (eyelids itching): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fungal Nail Infection: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 33.33%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 1 person, 33.33%
- Lung Carcinoma Cell Type Unspecified Stage Iv (the lung cancer has spread to other organs of the body, such as the other lung, brain, or liver): 1 person, 33.33%
- Itching: 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Doxycycline and have Nail ridging?Check whether Nail ridging is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nail ridging and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of doxycycline hyclate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Doxycycline:
- Doxycycline (57,015 reports)
Common Doxycycline side effects:
- Pain: 3,612 reports
- Rashes (redness): 3,559 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,515 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,241 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 3,076 reports
Browse all side effects of Doxycycline:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nail ridging treatments and more:
- Nail ridging (424 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (426 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (283 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on doxycycline hyclate (the active ingredients of Doxycycline) and Doxycycline (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Valacyclovir Hydrochloride and Drug Abuse And Dependence - now
- Oxcarbazepine and Knee Joint Replacement - 5 seconds ago
- Zometa and Occipital Neuralgia - 9 seconds ago
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Tibia Fracture - 11 seconds ago
- Riboflavin and Hemiplegic Migraine - 14 seconds ago
- Votrient and Spinal Cord Neoplasm - 15 seconds ago
- Oxazepam and Revia drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Belsomra and Provigil drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab and Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy - 24 seconds ago
- Sojourn and Chest Pain - 31 seconds ago