Doxycycline and Yellow skin - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Yellow skin is reported only by a few people who take Doxycycline.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Doxycycline and have Yellow skin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,763 people who have side effects while taking Doxycycline from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
53,763 people reported to have side effects when taking Doxycycline.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Yellow skin.
What is Doxycycline?
Doxycycline has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 56,911 Doxycycline users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Yellow skin?
Yellow skin is found to be associated with 1,433 drugs and 1,036 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Doxycycline and Yellow skin reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Yellow skin when taking Doxycycline *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Yellow skin when taking Doxycycline *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 33.33 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Doxycycline *:
- Sutent: 1 person, 20.00%
- Rituxan: 1 person, 20.00%
- Rifampin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Revlimid: 1 person, 20.00%
- Qvar: 1 person, 20.00%
- Prilosec: 1 person, 20.00%
- Norco: 1 person, 20.00%
- Nitrofurantoin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Mucinex: 1 person, 20.00%
- Metformin: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Yellow skin *:
- Fever: 3 people, 60.00%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 2 people, 40.00%
- Dry Mouth: 2 people, 40.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hair Color Changes: 1 person, 20.00%
- Glossodynia (a burning or painful sensation in the tongue): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 20.00%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 1 person, 20.00%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 1 person, 20.00%
- Kidney Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Bacterial Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 20.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Doxycycline and have Yellow skin?Check whether Yellow skin is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Yellow skin and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of doxycycline hyclate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Doxycycline:
- Doxycycline (56,911 reports)
Common Doxycycline side effects:
Browse all side effects of Doxycycline:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Yellow skin treatments and more:
- Yellow skin (5,290 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Yellow skin:
- Yellow skin in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Yellow skin in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Yellow skin in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Yellow skin:
All the drugs that are associated with Yellow skin:
- Yellow skin (1,433 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Yellow skin:
All the conditions that are associated with Yellow skin:
- Yellow skin (1,036 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on doxycycline hyclate (the active ingredients of Doxycycline) and Doxycycline (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Macular Oedema and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 11 seconds ago
- Kadian and Back Disorder - 17 seconds ago
- Mevacor and Ankylosing Spondylitis - 20 seconds ago
- Dantrium and Acute Kidney Failure - 23 seconds ago
- Dantrium and Renal Failure - Acute - 23 seconds ago
- Carvedilol and Azulfidine En-Tabs drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Flecainide Acetate and Revlimid drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Claritin and Thirst - Excessive - 43 seconds ago
- Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and Stools - Watery - 45 seconds ago
- Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and Diarrhea - 45 seconds ago