Drospirenone and Back pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 349 people who have side effects when taking Drospirenone. Back pain is found, especially among people who are female, 20-29 old, also take Vitamin d3 and have Birth control.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Drospirenone and have Back pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
349 people reported to have side effects when taking Drospirenone.
Among them, 3 people (0.86%) have Back pain.
What is Drospirenone?
Drospirenone has active ingredients of drospirenone. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 493 Drospirenone users.
What is Back pain?
Back pain is found to be associated with 4,681 drugs and 4,501 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 361,120 people who have Back pain.
Number of Drospirenone and Back pain reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Drospirenone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Drospirenone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 66.67 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Drospirenone *:
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 66.67%
- Vitamin B12: 1 person, 33.33%
- Vistaril: 1 person, 33.33%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Topamax: 1 person, 33.33%
- Prilosec: 1 person, 33.33%
- Otezla: 1 person, 33.33%
- Metformin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Mestinon: 1 person, 33.33%
- Jardiance: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Back pain *:
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 66.67%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastrointestinal Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 1 person, 33.33%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 1 person, 33.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 33.33%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 33.33%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 33.33%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 33.33%
- Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily): 1 person, 33.33%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 33.33%
- Dermatitis Atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder): 1 person, 33.33%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Drospirenone and have Back pain?Check whether Back pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drospirenone side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Drospirenone side effects (493 reports)
Back pain treatments and more:
- Back pain (361,120 reports)
Common drugs associated with Back pain:
- Prednisone: 14,935 reports
- Methotrexate: 13,979 reports
- Humira: 13,709 reports
- Aspirin: 12,662 reports
- Enbrel: 12,146 reports
- Tylenol: 9,022 reports
- Omeprazole: 8,799 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,599 reports
- Vitamin d: 7,345 reports
- Metformin: 7,326 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Back pain:
- Back pain (4,681 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Back pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 22,789 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,883 reports
- Osteoporosis: 14,206 reports
- Pain: 11,178 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,111 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 10,865 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Back pain:
- Back pain (4,501 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on drospirenone (the active ingredients of Drospirenone) and Drospirenone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Telmisartan and Benicar drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Memantine Hydrochloride and Coumadin drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Paxil and Invega Sustenna drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Centrum and Low Turnover Osteopathy - 50 seconds ago
- Procardia and Clotrimazole drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Univasc and Pegasys drug interaction - a minute ago
- Bifido and Gemcitabine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago
- Restasis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - a minute ago
- Sinequan and Dyspnea Exacerbated - a minute ago
- Nerlynx and Pneumonia - a minute ago