Duragesic-100 and Gastroenteritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastroenteritis is found among people who take Duragesic-100, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Duragesic-100 and have Gastroenteritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,453 people who have side effects when taking Duragesic-100 from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,453 people reported to have side effects when taking Duragesic-100.
Among them, 40 people (0.21%) have Gastroenteritis.
What is Duragesic-100?
Duragesic-100 has active ingredients of fentanyl. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 19,508 Duragesic-100 users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine) is found to be associated with 1,832 drugs and 1,220 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Duragesic-100 and Gastroenteritis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastroenteritis when taking Duragesic-100 *:
- female: 38.46 %
- male: 61.54 %
Age of people who have Gastroenteritis when taking Duragesic-100 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 8.7 %
- 50-59: 17.39 %
- 60+: 73.91 %
Common drugs people take besides Duragesic-100 *:
- Zometa: 24 people, 60.00%
- Dilaudid: 21 people, 52.50%
- Lasix: 21 people, 52.50%
- Levaquin: 20 people, 50.00%
- Aredia: 20 people, 50.00%
- Coumadin: 19 people, 47.50%
- Protonix: 17 people, 42.50%
- Allopurinol: 16 people, 40.00%
- Simvastatin: 15 people, 37.50%
- Flagyl: 13 people, 32.50%
Common side effects people have besides Gastroenteritis *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 28 people, 70.00%
- Fall: 26 people, 65.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 26 people, 65.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 25 people, 62.50%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 22 people, 55.00%
- Diarrhea: 22 people, 55.00%
- Depression: 20 people, 50.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 20 people, 50.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 20 people, 50.00%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 20 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 12 people, 30.00%
- Prostate Cancer: 5 people, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 5.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 5.00%
- Breakthrough Pain: 2 people, 5.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 2 people, 5.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 2 people, 5.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 2.50%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 2.50%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 2.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Duragesic-100 and have Gastroenteritis?Check whether Gastroenteritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastroenteritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fentanyl:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Duragesic-100:
- Duragesic-100 (19,508 reports)
Common Duragesic-100 side effects:
Browse all side effects of Duragesic-100:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastroenteritis treatments and more:
- Gastroenteritis (17,767 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastroenteritis:
- Gastroenteritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastroenteritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastroenteritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastroenteritis:
All the drugs that are associated with Gastroenteritis:
- Gastroenteritis (1,832 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastroenteritis:
All the conditions that are associated with Gastroenteritis:
- Gastroenteritis (1,220 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fentanyl (the active ingredients of Duragesic-100) and Duragesic-100 (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fentanyl Transdermal System and Diverticulitis - 2 seconds ago
- Tricor and Hearing Impaired - 11 seconds ago
- Hysingla Er and Zelnorm drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Alrex and Aldactone drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Casodex and Drowsiness - 25 seconds ago
- Ventolin and Encephalomalacia - 29 seconds ago
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia and Failure To Thrive - 31 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Cuts And Puncture Wounds - 33 seconds ago
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride and Pancytopenia - 39 seconds ago
- Nesina and Irinotecan Hydrochloride drug interaction - 41 seconds ago