Duragesic and Postoperative infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Postoperative infection is found among people who take Duragesic, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Duragesic and have Postoperative infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 66,142 people who have side effects when taking Duragesic from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
66,142 people reported to have side effects when taking Duragesic.
Among them, 20 people (0.03%) have Postoperative infection.
What is Duragesic?
Duragesic has active ingredients of fentanyl. eHealthMe is studying from 65,834 Duragesic users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Postoperative infection?
Postoperative infection is found to be associated with 507 drugs and 209 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Duragesic and Postoperative infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Duragesic when people have Postoperative infection *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Postoperative infection when taking Duragesic *:
- female: 45 %
- male: 55 %
Age of people who have Postoperative infection when taking Duragesic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 46.67 %
- 50-59: 6.67 %
- 60+: 13.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Duragesic *:
- Neurontin: 10 people, 50.00%
- Lorazepam: 8 people, 40.00%
- Flexeril: 7 people, 35.00%
- Oxycontin: 7 people, 35.00%
- Topamax: 7 people, 35.00%
- Ambien: 7 people, 35.00%
- Vioxx: 7 people, 35.00%
- Percocet: 6 people, 30.00%
- Clonazepam: 6 people, 30.00%
- Lopressor: 6 people, 30.00%
Common side effects people have besides Postoperative infection *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 45.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 8 people, 40.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 35.00%
- Dizziness: 6 people, 30.00%
- Depression: 6 people, 30.00%
- Drug Tolerance Increased: 5 people, 25.00%
- Fall: 5 people, 25.00%
- Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas): 5 people, 25.00%
- Confusional State: 5 people, 25.00%
- Drug Dependence: 5 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 6 people, 30.00%
- Depression: 3 people, 15.00%
- Post Procedural Pain: 2 people, 10.00%
- Uveitis (inflammation of the uvea): 1 person, 5.00%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 1 person, 5.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 5.00%
- Hepatitis Chronic Active: 1 person, 5.00%
- Breakthrough Pain: 1 person, 5.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 5.00%
- Arthritis Reactive (autoimmune condition that develops in response to an infection in another part of the body): 1 person, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Duragesic and have Postoperative infection?Check whether Postoperative infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Postoperative infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fentanyl:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Duragesic:
- Duragesic (65,834 reports)
Common Duragesic side effects:
Browse all side effects of Duragesic:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Postoperative infection treatments and more:
- Postoperative infection (1,194 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Postoperative infection:
- Postoperative infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Postoperative infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Postoperative infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Postoperative infection:
All the drugs that are associated with Postoperative infection:
- Postoperative infection (508 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Postoperative infection:
All the conditions that are associated with Postoperative infection:
- Postoperative infection (209 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fentanyl (the active ingredients of Duragesic) and Duragesic (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Profen and Muscle Function Loss - 6 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Tooth Extraction - 15 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Cogwheel Rigidity - 16 seconds ago
- Verelan vs. Quinapril - 20 seconds ago
- Corgard and Aldactone drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Dupixent and Adempas drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Exforge and Hepatomegaly - 31 seconds ago
- Apremilast and Joint Pain - 40 seconds ago
- Sylatron and Suicidal Ideation - 46 seconds ago
- Diprosone and Pelvic Fluid Collection - 49 seconds ago