Dutasteride and Dry mouth - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry mouth is found among people who take Dutasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Dutasteride and have Dry mouth. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,575 people who have side effects when taking Dutasteride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,575 people reported to have side effects when taking Dutasteride.
Among them, 32 people (0.57%) have Dry mouth.
What is Dutasteride?
Dutasteride has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. eHealthMe is studying from 5,640 Dutasteride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry mouth?
Dry mouth is found to be associated with 2,900 drugs and 2,418 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Dutasteride and Dry mouth reports submitted per year:
Time on Dutasteride when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 40 %
- 1 - 2 years: 40 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Dutasteride *:
- female: 3.7 %
- male: 96.3 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Dutasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.17 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 95.83 %
Common drugs people take besides Dutasteride *:
- Avodart: 7 people, 21.88%
- Vitamin B12: 7 people, 21.88%
- Amlodipine: 6 people, 18.75%
- Tamsulosin: 6 people, 18.75%
- Zopiclone: 5 people, 15.62%
- Ramipril: 5 people, 15.62%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 5 people, 15.62%
- Tylenol: 5 people, 15.62%
- Cymbalta: 4 people, 12.50%
- Eliquis: 4 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Dry mouth *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 40.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 11 people, 34.38%
- Dizziness: 9 people, 28.12%
- Pain: 8 people, 25.00%
- Confusional State: 8 people, 25.00%
- Joint Pain: 8 people, 25.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 8 people, 25.00%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 7 people, 21.88%
- Depression: 7 people, 21.88%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 18.75%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 15.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 15.62%
- Fever: 4 people, 12.50%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 12.50%
- Pain: 4 people, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 9.38%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 2 people, 6.25%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 6.25%
- Mouth Ulcers: 2 people, 6.25%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Dutasteride and have Dry mouth?Check whether Dry mouth is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dry mouth and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dutasteride:
- Dry mouth and drugs with ingredients of dutasteride (150 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Dutasteride:
- Dutasteride (5,640 reports)
Common Dutasteride side effects:
Browse all side effects of Dutasteride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dry mouth treatments and more:
- Dry mouth (85,680 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry mouth in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry mouth in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dry mouth:
All the drugs that are associated with Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth (2,900 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dry mouth:
All the conditions that are associated with Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth (2,418 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dutasteride (the active ingredients of Dutasteride) and Dutasteride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxazepam and Diovan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Adefovir Dipivoxil and Sorafenib drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin and Steatorrhea - 12 seconds ago
- Toothaches and Bursitis - 30 seconds ago
- L-Glutamine and Kaletra drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Vidaza and Injection Site Swelling - 38 seconds ago
- Insomnia in Unisom, how severe and when it was recovered? - 48 seconds ago
- Penicillin and Nicoderm Cq drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Micturition Disorder and drugs of ingredients of carbamazepine - 58 seconds ago
- Imatinib Mesylate and Hair Loss - 59 seconds ago