Who have Avascular necrosis with Efavirenz - from FDA reports
Avascular necrosis is found among people who take Efavirenz, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Didanosine, and have Hepatitis c. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,578 people who have side effects when taking Efavirenz from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
10,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Efavirenz.
Among them, 58 people (0.55%) have Avascular necrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Efavirenz when people have Avascular necrosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 43.75 %
- 1 - 2 years: 37.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Avascular necrosis when taking Efavirenz *:
- female: 9.09 %
- male: 90.91 %
Age of people who have Avascular necrosis when taking Efavirenz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.55 %
- 30-39: 56.82 %
- 40-49: 18.18 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 2.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hepatitis C: 5 people, 8.62%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 5.17%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 2 people, 3.45%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 2 people, 3.45%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 1.72%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 1.72%
- Pain In Extremity: 1 person, 1.72%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 1.72%
- Opportunistic Infection Prophylaxis: 1 person, 1.72%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 1 person, 1.72%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Didanosine: 29 people, 50.00%
- Lamivudine: 25 people, 43.10%
- Stavudine: 21 people, 36.21%
- Zidovudine: 17 people, 29.31%
- Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate: 13 people, 22.41%
- Kaletra: 10 people, 17.24%
- Norvir: 9 people, 15.52%
- Ritonavir: 9 people, 15.52%
- Epivir: 7 people, 12.07%
- Abacavir: 7 people, 12.07%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (redness): 8 people, 13.79%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 8 people, 13.79%
- Hyperlactacidaemia (the acidosis and also reduces the capacity of the kidney): 7 people, 12.07%
- Treatment Failure: 7 people, 12.07%
- Cachexia (loss of weight): 7 people, 12.07%
- Drug Intolerance (drug sensitivity): 6 people, 10.34%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 10.34%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 5 people, 8.62%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 8.62%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 4 people, 6.90%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Avascular necrosis while taking Efavirenz?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Avascular necrosis
- Subscribe to monitor Avascular necrosis in Efavirenz
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Efavirenz and have Avascular necrosis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Efavirenz has active ingredients of efavirenz. It is often used in hiv infection. (latest outcomes from Efavirenz 10,627 users)
Avascular necrosis (death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, osteopenia (latest reports from 33,902 Avascular necrosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Avascular necrosisAvascular necrosis (1,755 drugs)
Could your condition cause Avascular necrosisAvascular necrosis (1,248 conditions)
Efavirenz side effects
- Efavirenz side effects (10,581 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Efavirenza b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Boys aged 0-1 who have Watery Eyes with Hag'S Taper - now
- Will you have Deafness Unilateral with Tamoxifen Citrate? - 2 seconds ago
- Prozac and Carisoprodol drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hepatic Ischaemia with Sudafed 12 Hour? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Wakefulness with Losartan Potassium? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleeplessness with Losartan Potassium? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleep Issues with Losartan Potassium? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleeping Difficulty with Losartan Potassium? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleeping with Losartan Potassium? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Sleep Aid with Losartan Potassium? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Trintellix, Ativan - 25 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Prevacid, Progesterone - an hour ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Nexplanon - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Toprol-xl, Lexapro, Abilify - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Edarbi, Omeprazole for a 57 year old man - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Vyvanse, Lamictal Xr - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Ambien, Cannabis Sativa - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old man who takes Ipratropium Bromide - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lasix - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium, Divalproex, Mirtazapine - 14 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.