Effexor xr and Intracranial pressure increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 31,124 people who have side effects when taking Effexor xr. Intracranial pressure increased is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, also take Effexor and have Asthma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Effexor xr and have Intracranial pressure increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
31,124 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor xr.
Among them, 13 people (0.04%) have Intracranial pressure increased.
What is Effexor xr?
Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is used in depression. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 34,995 Effexor xr users.
What is Intracranial pressure increased?
Intracranial pressure increased (high pressure inside the skull and thus in the brain tissue and cerebrospinal fluid) is found to be associated with 1,155 drugs and 722 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 6,602 people who have Intracranial pressure increased.
Number of Effexor xr and Intracranial pressure increased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Intracranial pressure increased when taking Effexor xr *:
- female: 90.91 %
- male: 9.09 %
Age of people who have Intracranial pressure increased when taking Effexor xr *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 30 %
Common drugs people take besides Effexor xr *:
- Effexor: 5 people, 38.46%
- Xyzal: 1 person, 7.69%
- Xolair: 1 person, 7.69%
- Xanax: 1 person, 7.69%
- Singulair: 1 person, 7.69%
- Seroquel: 1 person, 7.69%
- Ranitidine: 1 person, 7.69%
- Naprosyn: 1 person, 7.69%
- Claritin: 1 person, 7.69%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 7.69%
Common side effects people have besides Intracranial pressure increased *:
- Liver Disorder (liver diseases): 5 people, 38.46%
- Underweight: 5 people, 38.46%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 5 people, 38.46%
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped: 5 people, 38.46%
- Cardiac Arrest: 5 people, 38.46%
- Drug Dependence: 5 people, 38.46%
- Visual Impairment: 5 people, 38.46%
- Bedridden: 3 people, 23.08%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 15.38%
- Pseudotumor Cerebri (increased pressure within the brain in the absence of a tumour): 2 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 7.69%
- Asthma: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Effexor xr and have Intracranial pressure increased?Check whether Intracranial pressure increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Effexor xr side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Effexor xr side effects (34,995 reports)
Intracranial pressure increased treatments and more:
- Intracranial pressure increased (6,602 reports)
Common drugs associated with Intracranial pressure increased:
- Prednisone: 310 reports
- Methotrexate: 262 reports
- Mirena: 232 reports
- Acetaminophen: 170 reports
- Humira: 143 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 143 reports
- Prednisolone: 136 reports
- Aspirin: 132 reports
- Ibu: 126 reports
- Ibuprofen: 126 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Intracranial pressure increased:
- Intracranial pressure increased (1,155 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Intracranial pressure increased:
- Birth control: 160 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 138 reports
- Depression: 128 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 114 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Intracranial pressure increased:
- Intracranial pressure increased (722 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on venlafaxine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Effexor xr) and Effexor xr (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Crestor and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Olmesartan Medoxomil and Colonic Polyp - 16 seconds ago
- Detrol La and Cymbalta drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Jardiance and Qinlock drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Decitabine and Fosamax drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin and Completed Suicide - 56 seconds ago
- Volmax and Actonel drug interaction - a minute ago
- Prilosec and Calcinosis - a minute ago
- Pentasa and Eplerenone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lipidil and Hyponatremia - a minute ago