Effexor and Diplopia - from FDA reports
Diplopia is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Breast cancer. This review analyzes which people have Diplopia with Effexor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,058 people who have side effects when taking Effexor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
69,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor.
Among them, 235 people (0.34%) have Diplopia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Effexor when people have Diplopia *:
- < 1 month: 8 %
- 1 - 6 months: 44 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 28 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 4 %
Gender of people who have Diplopia when taking Effexor *:
- female: 80.35 %
- male: 19.65 %
Age of people who have Diplopia when taking Effexor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.6 %
- 30-39: 22.92 %
- 40-49: 23.44 %
- 50-59: 29.69 %
- 60+: 21.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer (27 people, 11.49%)
- Pain (24 people, 10.21%)
- Metastases To Bone (23 people, 9.79%)
- Muscle Spasms (17 people, 7.23%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (15 people, 6.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (42 people, 17.87%)
- Oxycontin (41 people, 17.45%)
- Zometa (40 people, 17.02%)
- Vicodin (37 people, 15.74%)
- Lasix (37 people, 15.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (67 people, 28.51%)
- Dizziness (66 people, 28.09%)
- Headache (63 people, 26.81%)
- Chest Pain (63 people, 26.81%)
- Vision Blurred (60 people, 25.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diplopia when taking Effexor?
- Check symptoms - is diplopia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiplopia and drugs with ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiplopia and Effexor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor 75,053 users)
Diplopia (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 18,351 Diplopia patients).
Browse all side effects of Effexora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiplopiaDiplopia
Could your condition cause DiplopiaDiplopia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Has anyone had trouble with taking Vyvanse and Venlafaxine together because I went to the hospital a few months ago I was on 60 mg Vyvanse and 225 mg of venlafaxine and the paramedics thought I was taking the synthetic drug and I wasn't I had came to a point where I couldn't say anything I could ...
User reviews to the study
Ive taken Venlafaxine for approx. 3-4 years now and for the last 3 years I sometimes struggle driving for more than an hour. this never used to affect me but sometimes I get a tiredness that comes on in my eyes where I find it harder and harder to keep focus on the road and feel like im about ...
I've had diplopia for fifteen years and had many tests that couldn't identify the problem it's taken me twenty years to get a diagnosis for my BPD previous GP's and doctors putting it down as depression. The antidepressants made me suicidal and I ended up dead on one occasion and multiple ...