Effexor and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Effexor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,058 people who have side effects when taking Effexor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
69,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor.
Among them, 4,790 people (6.94%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Effexor when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 37.66 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.88 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.99 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.47 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.64 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.41 %
- 10+ years: 1.9500000000000002 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Effexor *:
- female: 73.97 %
- male: 26.03 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Effexor *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 0.08 %
- 10-19: 1.97 %
- 20-29: 6.47 %
- 30-39: 12.36 %
- 40-49: 24.33 %
- 50-59: 25.87 %
- 60+: 28.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 429 people, 8.96%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 245 people, 5.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 216 people, 4.51%
- Sleep Disorder: 151 people, 3.15%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 149 people, 3.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien: 495 people, 10.33%
- Neurontin: 477 people, 9.96%
- Zometa: 462 people, 9.65%
- Xanax: 450 people, 9.39%
- Synthroid: 426 people, 8.89%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,357 people, 28.33%
- Weakness: 1,228 people, 25.64%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,194 people, 24.93%
- Dizziness: 1,065 people, 22.23%
- Pain: 1,019 people, 21.27%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Effexor and have Fatigue?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor 75,059 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,338 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,396 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. (6,233 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Effexor from FDA and eHealthMe reports (5,006 reports)
Effexor side effects
- Effexor side effects (69,087 reports)
Browse all side effects of Effexora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Effexor and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Effexor
Can you answer these questions
- Any body else experiencing weakness and extreme fatigue? How long will it take to get my energy back?
- Can anyone tell me how to get off Effexor ? Have been on 150 mg for 20 years, wish I would have never started. - I have actually opened capsule and removed 1 gradual a day and within 3 days the brain zaps were so bad I would have to go back to the full dose. So when people or Dr. Tell you to...
- So fatigued-feel like this disease has taken away all interests and stolen who I am-anyone else experiencing that? Any suggestions for how you bring pleasure back in your life? Thanks, L
- I've been taking vivitrol for 2 months now and I have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 16 hours a day. I cant get motivated to do anything. Does this go away?
- Is there any way to resolve Flecainide-caused fatigue without discontinuing the drug?
You may be interested in these posts
- For the last couple months I have been desperate to find an answer to my issue. Around the time of my menstrual cycle I will sleep for days on end and it's difficult to wake me up. It is affecting my family and marriage. Please help
- Second day on levofloxacin. I immediately experienced extreme fatigue...even more than usual. Also weakness in my legs. My comorbidities are Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia with doubling lymphocyte counts but no treatment yet. Also cardiac issues... pacemaker and ablation a year ago. Both...
- Have been sick for 4 weeks. When will this end?
- Hi, I have been taking Effexor ER (225 mg) for about seven years and it really has helped my General Anxiety Disorder.
- Have been on Jardiance for 3 months supposedly as a test because I take metformin. Could not understand what has happened to me as I am fatigued after doing the most minor chores. I am so happy to find this group.
- Will you have Urinary Tract Infection with Enduron?
- Will you have Cystitis with Enduron?
- Will you have Bladder Infection with Enduron?
- Will you have Uti with Enduron?
- Will you have Kerosene Poisoning with Radix Astragalus?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Enduron and have Urinary Tract Infection?
- Support group for people who take Enduron and have Cystitis?
- Support group for people who take Enduron and have Bladder Infection?
- Support group for people who take Enduron and have Uti?
- Support group for people who take Radix Astragalus and have Kerosene Poisoning?
- What to expect when you take Enduron and have Urinary Tract Infection?
- What to expect when you take Enduron and have Cystitis?
- What to expect when you take Enduron and have Bladder Infection?
- What to expect when you take Enduron and have Uti?
- What to expect when you take Radix Astragalus and have Kerosene Poisoning?
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Yaz
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Aciphex, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Xanax
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Estinyl, Aygestin
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Xeloda
- A study for a 77 year old woman who takes Plaquenil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Sertraline
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.