Will you have Keratoconus with Effexor - from FDA reports
Keratoconus is reported only by a few people who take Effexor. We study 75,278 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA. Among them, 2 have Keratoconus. Find out below who they are, when they have Keratoconus and more.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on venlafaxine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Effexor) and Effexor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Keratoconus are also considered in the study.
What is Effexor?
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor 81,279 users)
What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus (a condition in which your eye's cornea is unable to hold its round shape) has been reported by people with convulsion, grand mal convulsion, epilepsy, high blood pressure, acne (latest reports from 253 Keratoconus patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
75,278 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Keratoconus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Effexor when people have Keratoconus *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Keratoconus when taking Effexor *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Keratoconus when taking Effexor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 50.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zocor: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vioxx: 1 person, 50.00%
- Klonopin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Demadex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cozaar: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cardizem Cd: 1 person, 50.00%
- Buspar: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ativan: 1 person, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 50.00%
- Subconjunctival Hemorrhage (bright red patch appearing in the white of the eye): 1 person, 50.00%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 1 person, 50.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 1 person, 50.00%
- Mitral Valve Prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well): 1 person, 50.00%
- Joint Injury: 1 person, 50.00%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle): 1 person, 50.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 50.00%
- Halo Vision (rainbow vision): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Keratoconus while taking Effexor?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Keratoconus
- Subscribe to monitor Keratoconus in Effexor
- Subscribe to monitor Effexor
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Effexor and have Keratoconus
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with KeratoconusKeratoconus (162 drugs)
Could your condition cause KeratoconusKeratoconus (137 conditions)
Effexor side effects
- Effexor side effects (75,307 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Effexora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Adiponectin Increased with Valsartan? - now
- Will you have Paralysis with Gravol? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Movement with Gravol? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Function Loss with Gravol? - 2 seconds ago
- How effective is Amoxicillin for Sinus Congestion? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Caecitis with Hibiclens? - 5 seconds ago
- Digoxin and Lactobacilli drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Nicotine and Caffeine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Prazosin Hydrochloride and Allegra D 24 Hour drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Barley Grass and Omega-3 Fatty Acids drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Magnesium, Valsartan - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Zicam, Mucinex, Advil, Tylenol for a 74 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Reglan - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 84 year old woman who takes Prozac - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Requip - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Wellbutrin Xl, Zyrtec Allergy for a 34 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old man who takes Topamax, Abilify, Lamictal, Depakote, Methotrexate, Effexor - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Milk Of Magnesia - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Miralax - 7 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Temodar, Ceenu for a 61 year old man - 9 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.