Effexor and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Effexor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,058 people who have side effects when taking Effexor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
69,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor.
Among them, 3,498 people (5.07%) have Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Effexor when people have Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 43.91 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.39 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.64 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.94 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.05 %
- 10+ years: 1.78 %
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Effexor *:
- female: 73.88 %
- male: 26.12 %
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Effexor *:
- 0-1: 0.07 %
- 2-9: 0.04 %
- 10-19: 1.01 %
- 20-29: 4.6 %
- 30-39: 13.07 %
- 40-49: 21.39 %
- 50-59: 26.89 %
- 60+: 32.86 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 262 people, 7.49%
- High Blood Pressure: 167 people, 4.77%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 161 people, 4.60%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 158 people, 4.52%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 123 people, 3.52%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien: 380 people, 10.86%
- Zometa: 378 people, 10.81%
- Xanax: 373 people, 10.66%
- Neurontin: 359 people, 10.26%
- Oxycontin: 327 people, 9.35%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,228 people, 35.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 874 people, 24.99%
- Pain: 792 people, 22.64%
- Dizziness: 783 people, 22.38%
- Headache (pain in head): 768 people, 21.96%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Effexor and have Weakness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weakness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor 75,059 users)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,652 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (4,231 drugs)
Could your condition cause WeaknessWeakness (5,064 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeakness and drugs with ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. (4,390 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeakness and Effexor from FDA and eHealthMe reports (3,555 reports)
Effexor side effects
- Effexor side effects (69,087 reports)
Browse all side effects of Effexora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Effexor and have Weakness
- Support group for people who have Weakness
- Support group for people who take Effexor
Can you answer these questions
- Can anyone tell me how to get off Effexor ? Have been on 150 mg for 20 years, wish I would have never started. - I have actually opened capsule and removed 1 gradual a day and within 3 days the brain zaps were so bad I would have to go back to the full dose. So when people or Dr. Tell you to...
- I have been recently given a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I had an atypical presentation with muscle pains in my thighs and later on wrist swelling. No joint pains or stiffness. Probably very early still. I am taking low dose steroids and MTX. The muscle pains improved but I developed...
- I am asking if others find this problem a norm? I am supposedly in the age group that has the most probable chance for this problem at 71. Of course the other provkem is the price of eliquis. First month was $409.55 This New Year.
- 26 yr old woman breastfeeding taking effexor. Will lumps develop in breasts?
- Has anyone had trouble with taking Vyvanse and Venlafaxine together because I went to the hospital a few months ago I was on 60 mg Vyvanse and 225 mg of venlafaxine and the paramedics thought I was taking the synthetic drug and I wasn't I had came to a point where I couldn't say anything I could hear.
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, I have been taking Effexor ER (225 mg) for about seven years and it really has helped my General Anxiety Disorder.
- Had the Mirena fitted 6 months ago and haven’t been feeling right since!
- After several mRI's and cat scans to check for MS it turns out to be side effects from the glipizide or at least were hoping. Ive stopped taking Glipized for 5 days now and seem to be able to walk a little longer but not far before the weakness intrudes on my legs I sit with muscle spasms, the...
- I have been so tired, weak and shaky while beginning my half dose of Chantix. I’m kinda afraid to graduate to the full dose!
- I have extreme muscle weakness and I wonder if metoprolol is causing it. I've been taking it for about a year.
- Will you have Tachycardia with Acacia Arabica?
- Will you have Ultrasound Abdomen Abnormal with Quarzan?
- Will you have Femoral Hernia with Simcor?
- Will you have Femorocele with Simcor?
- Will you have Enteromerocele with Simcor?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Acacia Arabica and have Tachycardia?
- Support group for people who take Quarzan and have Ultrasound Abdomen Abnormal?
- Support group for people who take Simcor and have Femoral Hernia?
- Support group for people who take Simcor and have Femorocele?
- Support group for people who take Simcor and have Enteromerocele?
- What to expect when you take Acacia Arabica and have Tachycardia?
- What to expect when you take Quarzan and have Ultrasound Abdomen Abnormal?
- What to expect when you take Simcor and have Femoral Hernia?
- What to expect when you take Simcor and have Femorocele?
- What to expect when you take Simcor and have Enteromerocele?
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Ranitidine, Lexapro, Irbesartan
- Drug comparison of Atacand, Accupril for a 65 year old woman
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Doxepin Hydrochloride, Vivelle, Lamictal, Prometrium, Mirtazapine
- Drug comparison of Sertraline, Diazepam for a 85 year old man
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Kankusta
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.