Elavil and Acne - from FDA reports
Acne is found among people who take Elavil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Afinitor, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Acne with Elavil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,848 people who have side effects when taking Elavil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
13,848 people reported to have side effects when taking Elavil.
Among them, 43 people (0.31%) have Acne
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elavil when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 66.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Elavil *:
- female: 88.37 %
- male: 11.63 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Elavil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.56 %
- 20-29: 12.82 %
- 30-39: 28.21 %
- 40-49: 28.21 %
- 50-59: 12.82 %
- 60+: 15.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (9 people, 20.93%)
- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor (8 people, 18.60%)
- Pain (4 people, 9.30%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 6.98%)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (3 people, 6.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Afinitor (8 people, 18.60%)
- Sandostatin Lar (7 people, 16.28%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 13.95%)
- Fosamax (5 people, 11.63%)
- Actemra (5 people, 11.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (17 people, 39.53%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 32.56%)
- Diarrhea (14 people, 32.56%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (14 people, 32.56%)
- Weight Increased (13 people, 30.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acne when taking Elavil?
- Check symptoms - is acne caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcne and drugs with ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcne and Elavil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 15,226 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 47,982 Acne patients).
Browse all side effects of Elavila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AcneAcne
Could your condition cause AcneAcne
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
Hi! I'm 37 and have been on Lyrica for two months. My face is breaking out in acne really bad. It wouldn't be terrible if they were small but there huge!!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?
Last year I was diagnosed with AIDS, not HIV. Just last week my doctor told me that my AIDS turned back into HIV. At this rate my doctor tells me my HIV will go away completely and I'll have perfect health. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful and everything, but what the heck is happening to me? ...