Elavil and Jaw fracture - from FDA reports
Jaw fracture is found among people who take Elavil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Zometa, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Jaw fracture with Elavil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,848 people who have side effects when taking Elavil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
13,848 people reported to have side effects when taking Elavil.
Among them, 51 people (0.37%) have Jaw fracture
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Jaw fracture when taking Elavil *:
- female: 96.08 %
- male: 3.92 %
Age of people who have Jaw fracture when taking Elavil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 34.69 %
- 40-49: 4.08 %
- 50-59: 57.14 %
- 60+: 4.08 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (15 people, 29.41%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 29.41%)
- High Blood Pressure (14 people, 27.45%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 27.45%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (4 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (44 people, 86.27%)
- Zoloft (42 people, 82.35%)
- Ativan (42 people, 82.35%)
- Prozac (40 people, 78.43%)
- Paxil (33 people, 64.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (49 people, 96.08%)
- Weakness (44 people, 86.27%)
- Pain In Jaw (44 people, 86.27%)
- Pain (44 people, 86.27%)
- Anhedonia (43 people, 84.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Jaw fracture when taking Elavil?
- Check symptoms - is jaw fracture caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJaw fracture and drugs with ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJaw fracture and Elavil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 15,225 users)
Jaw fracture has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, osteopenia (latest reports from 2,625 Jaw fracture patients).
Browse all side effects of Elavila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Jaw fractureJaw fracture
Could your condition cause Jaw fractureJaw fracture
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
User reviews to the study
Hi, I've been taking amitriptyline to help my pain from rheumatoid arthritis for a couple of months now. My pain level has decreased by 85-90 percent! But I'm experiencing 2 side effects; burning tongue and insomnia. I was taking trazodone for my insomnia but my Dr told me to stop, that the ...