Eliquis and Basal ganglia infarction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Basal ganglia infarction is reported only by a few people who take Eliquis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Eliquis and have Basal ganglia infarction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 142,078 people who have side effects while taking Eliquis from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
142,078 people reported to have side effects when taking Eliquis.
Among them, 5 people (0.0%) have Basal ganglia infarction.
What is Eliquis?
Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 143,702 Eliquis users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Basal ganglia infarction?
Basal ganglia infarction (disruption of the blood flow in the small blood vessels in the white matter of the cerebral cortex) is found to be associated with 275 drugs and 146 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Eliquis and Basal ganglia infarction reports submitted per year:
Time on Eliquis when people have Basal ganglia infarction *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Basal ganglia infarction when taking Eliquis *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Basal ganglia infarction when taking Eliquis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Eliquis *:
- Tegsedi: 2 people, 40.00%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Basal ganglia infarction *:
- Fall: 3 people, 60.00%
- Ventricular Hypokinesia (muscle of one's heart does not contract as much as most peoples' hearts do): 2 people, 40.00%
- Ischaemic Stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain): 2 people, 40.00%
- Aortic Valve Sclerosis (narrowing of the aortic valve): 2 people, 40.00%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 2 people, 40.00%
- Carotid Arteriosclerosis (plaque deposition in artery): 2 people, 40.00%
- Carotid Artery Stenosis (narrowing of carotid artery): 2 people, 40.00%
- Cerebellar Atrophy (degeneration of the section of the brain responsible for balance, voluntary muscle movements): 2 people, 40.00%
- Confusional State: 2 people, 40.00%
- Death: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hereditary Neuropathic Amyloidosis (hereditary- diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloid) in various bodily areas by problems with signals from the nerves): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Eliquis and have Basal ganglia infarction?Check whether Basal ganglia infarction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Basal ganglia infarction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of apixaban:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Eliquis:
- Eliquis (143,702 reports)
Common Eliquis side effects:
Browse all side effects of Eliquis:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Basal ganglia infarction treatments and more:
- Basal ganglia infarction (361 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Basal ganglia infarction:
- Basal ganglia infarction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Basal ganglia infarction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Basal ganglia infarction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Basal ganglia infarction:
- Basal ganglia infarction (275 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Basal ganglia infarction:
- Basal ganglia infarction (146 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on apixaban (the active ingredients of Eliquis) and Eliquis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flaxseed and Dha drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Cough in Trazodone Hydrochloride, how severe and when it was recovered? - 12 seconds ago
- Perianal Abscess and drugs of ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols - 23 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Cervicogenic Headache - 26 seconds ago
- Ofloxacin and Flank Pain - 29 seconds ago
- Octreotide Acetate and Panniculitis - 31 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Hydrocortone drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Cuts And Puncture Wounds and Mouth Ulcers - 41 seconds ago
- Kefzol and Sudafed 12 Hour drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Hyperthyroidism - 42 seconds ago