Will you have Hearing loss with Eliquis - from FDA reports
Hearing loss is found among people who take Eliquis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Uptravi, and have Stroke. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,308 people who have side effects when taking Eliquis from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on apixaban (the active ingredients of Eliquis) and Eliquis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hearing loss are also considered in the study.
What is Eliquis?
Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Eliquis 52,651 users)
What is Hearing loss?
Hearing loss has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 16,616 Hearing loss patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
52,308 people reported to have side effects when taking Eliquis.
Among them, 52 people (0.1%) have Hearing loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Eliquis when people have Hearing loss *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hearing loss when taking Eliquis *:
- female: 62 %
- male: 38 %
Age of people who have Hearing loss when taking Eliquis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 3.85 %
- 60+: 96.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 16 people, 30.77%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 9.62%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 5.77%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 2 people, 3.85%
- Erection Problems: 2 people, 3.85%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 3.85%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 3.85%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 1.92%
- Blood Pressure Management: 1 person, 1.92%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 1.92%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Uptravi: 5 people, 9.62%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 5.77%
- Revlimid: 3 people, 5.77%
- Tyvaso: 3 people, 5.77%
- Adempas: 3 people, 5.77%
- Vitamin D: 2 people, 3.85%
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 3.85%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 3.85%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 3.85%
- Celebrex: 2 people, 3.85%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 11.54%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 11.54%
- Hypoacusis (loss of hearing): 5 people, 9.62%
- Pain In Extremity: 5 people, 9.62%
- Peripheral Swelling: 5 people, 9.62%
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 5 people, 9.62%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 9.62%
- Fall: 5 people, 9.62%
- Gait Disturbance: 4 people, 7.69%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 4 people, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hearing loss while taking Eliquis?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hearing loss
- Subscribe to monitor Hearing loss in Eliquis
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Eliquis and have Hearing loss
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with Hearing lossHearing loss (2,102 drugs)
Could your condition cause Hearing lossHearing loss (1,792 conditions)
Eliquis side effects
- Eliquis side effects (52,309 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Eliquisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Epidermal Necrolysis with Visipaque 270? - now
- Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium and Haldol Solutab drug interaction - now
- Will you have Aortic Disorder with Multaq? - a second ago
- Radix Codonopsis Pilosulae and Lactobacillus Fermentum drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Papilloma with Tacrolimus? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Amoebic Skin Ulcer with Lyrica? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Blockage Of Leg Arteries with Cefazolin? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaso-Occlusive Disease Of The Legs with Cefazolin? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping with Cefazolin? - 6 seconds ago
- Lorcet-Hd and Oxybutynin Chloride drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Diclofenac Sodium - 30 minutes ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Aeroseb-dex, Parafon Forte Dsc - 57 minutes ago
- Prediction of Mirtazapine, Ramipril, Creatine for a 43 year old man - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Ramipril, Mirtazapine for a 43 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Dutasteride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Spironolactone, Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Co-codamol, Gabapentin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Metformin Hydrochloride - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Diovan, Metformin, Avandia - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Losartan Potassium - 9 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.