Eliquis and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is found among people who take Eliquis, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Eliquis and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 118,315 people who have side effects when taking Eliquis from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
118,315 people reported to have side effects when taking Eliquis.
Among them, 33 people (0.03%) have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
What is Eliquis?
Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 119,696 Eliquis users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system) is found to be associated with 1,454 drugs and 1,138 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Eliquis and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Eliquis when people have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Eliquis *:
- female: 31.25 %
- male: 68.75 %
Age of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Eliquis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 86.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Eliquis *:
- Revlimid: 13 people, 39.39%
- Vitamin D: 6 people, 18.18%
- Amlodipine: 4 people, 12.12%
- Vitamin B12: 4 people, 12.12%
- Cosentyx: 4 people, 12.12%
- Norco: 3 people, 9.09%
- Triamcinolone: 3 people, 9.09%
- Ondansetron: 3 people, 9.09%
- Percocet: 3 people, 9.09%
- Xanax: 3 people, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- Arthropathy: 4 people, 12.12%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 12.12%
- Kidney Stones: 3 people, 9.09%
- Memory Loss: 3 people, 9.09%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 9.09%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 9.09%
- Pruritus Generalised (generalized itching): 3 people, 9.09%
- Injection Site Pain: 3 people, 9.09%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 3 people, 9.09%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 3 people, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 6 people, 18.18%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 12.12%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 4 people, 12.12%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 9.09%
- Burkitt Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system): 2 people, 6.06%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 6.06%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 6.06%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 3.03%
- Embolism Venous (embolus may pass into the arterial system): 1 person, 3.03%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 1 person, 3.03%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Eliquis and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?Check whether Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor A, Kumar V, Beniwal S, Dutta S, Goyal S, Kumar HS, "Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Not necessarily reversible!", Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal, 2015 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Eliquis:
- Eliquis (119,696 reports)
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatments and more:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (55,833 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Non-hodgkin's lymphoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of apixaban:
Common drugs associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
All the drugs that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,454 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
All the conditions that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,138 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on apixaban (the active ingredients of Eliquis) and Eliquis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oramorph Sr and Cytovene drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Ultracet and Naproxen drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Tizanidine Hydrochloride and Psychotic Behavior - 18 seconds ago
- Lactulose and Xarelto drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Desmopressin Acetate and Drug Abuse And Dependence - 20 seconds ago