Elmiron and Abdominal pain - from FDA reports
Abdominal pain is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Crohn's disease. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,578 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
3,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 123 people (3.44%) have Abdominal pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Abdominal pain *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 94.17 %
- male: 5.83 %
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 13 people, 10.57%
- Breast Cancer: 11 people, 8.94%
- Pain: 11 people, 8.94%
- Depression: 10 people, 8.13%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 10 people, 8.13%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta: 30 people, 24.39%
- Xanax: 28 people, 22.76%
- Ibuprofen: 26 people, 21.14%
- Elavil: 26 people, 21.14%
- Oxycontin: 26 people, 21.14%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 51 people, 41.46%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 50 people, 40.65%
- Pain: 37 people, 30.08%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 33 people, 26.83%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 33 people, 26.83%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Abdominal pain while taking Elmiron?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal pain
- Subscribe to monitor Abdominal pain in Elmiron
You are not alone:
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,831 users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with crohn's disease, birth control, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 159,644 Abdominal pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal painAbdominal pain (3,622 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal painAbdominal pain (4,088 conditions)
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Hallelujah and Macrobid drug interaction - a second ago
- Baccharis Genistelloides and Radish drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Oa with Triamcinolone? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Infantile Paralysis with Stelara? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Salmonella Sepsis with L-Carnitine Fumarate? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Viibryd, Vyvanse - 3 minutes ago
- A study for a 42 year old man who takes Lisinopril - 30 minutes ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride - 48 minutes ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Dutoprol, Norvasc, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Zyrtec Allergy - an hour ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Lamictal - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.