Elmiron and Abdominal pain - from FDA reports
Abdominal pain is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Breast cancer. This review analyzes which people have Abdominal pain with Elmiron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,148 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
3,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 111 people (3.53%) have Abdominal pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Abdominal pain *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 40 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 94.44 %
- male: 5.56 %
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.06 %
- 20-29: 11.34 %
- 30-39: 7.22 %
- 40-49: 15.46 %
- 50-59: 38.14 %
- 60+: 25.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer: 11 people, 9.91%
- Pain: 10 people, 9.01%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 9 people, 8.11%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 9 people, 8.11%
- Depression: 8 people, 7.21%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta: 27 people, 24.32%
- Ambien: 26 people, 23.42%
- Protonix: 26 people, 23.42%
- Singulair: 26 people, 23.42%
- Ibuprofen: 26 people, 23.42%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 45 people, 40.54%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 43 people, 38.74%
- Pain: 32 people, 28.83%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 32 people, 28.83%
- Indigestion: 31 people, 27.93%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Abdominal pain in Elmiron
- Subscribe to monitor Elmiron
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal pain
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,401 users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 137,931 Abdominal pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal painAbdominal pain (2,845 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal painAbdominal pain (4,081 conditions)
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,150 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Elmiron and have Abdominal Pain
- Support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
- Support group for people who take Elmiron
You may be interested in these posts
- A bike ride just caused a flareup.
- I have been having digestive problems, acid reflux and stomach pain. Wondering if this medication is causing these effects?
- I’m pregnant and take zofran for my severe nausea and vomiting, but it also causes me to have abdominal pain and constipation. I’m not sure what to do...😕
- my son died on 7th June,, he was prescribed Amiptripelene for nine to ten years and never had his bp taken , or any checks for his heart.. he had Coronary Artery Atheroma,, he was a vegetarian, gave up smoking eighteen months ago,, and had been doing bodybuilding for over ten years.. he had...
- Got Prolia shot about one month ago. 3 days ago started to have severe stomach cramps and feel dizzy. Could this be a side effect?
- Will you have Thrombocytopenia with Prilosec?
- Will you have Hypokalemia with Fosamax?
- Will you have Narcolepsy with Nasal Septum Deviation?
- Will you have Muscle Pain with Centrum Silver?
- Will you have Urination - Painful with Acai?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Prilosec and have Thrombocytopenia?
- Support group for people who take Fosamax and have Hypokalemia?
- Support group for people who have Nasal Septum Deviation and Narcolepsy?
- Support group for people who take Centrum Silver and have Muscle Pain?
- Support group for people who take Acai and have Urination - Painful?
- Hi I am three girlfriend of a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- Charlene Vermeulen - I have extreme muscle stiffness and migraines caused by stiff jaw
- Hi I am three girlfriend off a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- My daughter is limping around the house. We tried mustard, salt, bananas, heating pad. I may need...
- Hi I'm fritz and I got oral thrush after I stop taking gabapentin. Looking for answers from the...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.