Elmiron and Abdominal pain - from FDA reports
Abdominal pain is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Breast cancer. This review analyzes which people have Abdominal pain with Elmiron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,148 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
3,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 111 people (3.53%) have Abdominal pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Abdominal pain *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 40 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 94.44 %
- male: 5.5600000000000005 %
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.06 %
- 20-29: 11.34 %
- 30-39: 7.22 %
- 40-49: 15.46 %
- 50-59: 38.14 %
- 60+: 25.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer: 11 people, 9.91%
- Pain: 10 people, 9.01%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 9 people, 8.11%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 9 people, 8.11%
- Depression: 8 people, 7.21%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta: 27 people, 24.32%
- Singulair: 26 people, 23.42%
- Protonix: 26 people, 23.42%
- Ibuprofen: 26 people, 23.42%
- Ambien: 26 people, 23.42%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 45 people, 40.54%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 43 people, 38.74%
- Pain: 32 people, 28.83%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 32 people, 28.83%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 31 people, 27.93%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Elmiron and have Abdominal pain?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal pain
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Folate, rbc ($83.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
- Vitamin b12 ($47.00) Add to cart
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,401 users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 137,931 Abdominal pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal painAbdominal pain (3,692 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal painAbdominal pain (4,060 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAbdominal pain and drugs with ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. (115 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbdominal pain and Elmiron from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,150 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bhuvan KC, ALrasheedy AA, Ibrahim MI, "A case report from Nepalese community pharmacy on levofloxacin induced severe abdominal pain", Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 2013 Jul .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Elmiron and have Abdominal Pain
- Support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
- Support group for people who take Elmiron
Can you answer these questions
- I have been taking Mirapex for about six years first 1 mg a day then 2 mg a day and again 1 mg a day For about three to four months now, I have a pain in my upper abdomen, just beneath the rib cage I also have irregular bowels, flatulence and feel tired My blood tests are normal, so...
- Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just...
- After I took trimethoprim for an infection, I haven't had my period yet. It's been about 3 mentrual periods I've not had and I'm 14 years old.
- I took 500mg twice a day for 20 days for sinusitis and I finished all of the cefprozil 2 days ago and for the past 2 days my stomach feels like battery acid is in it and mylanta is not helping....how long will it take until this goes away?
- since ever started using triphasil its my first time experiencing stomach pain and diarrhro am not sure wether it is the cause a week is gettn finish now having stomach pain
You may be interested in these posts
- 2.5 months on Xyrem. I’m very dizzy, foggy, fatigued and have a gurgling stomach with nausea.
- Horrible ab pain, disrupted bowel movements, FLATULENCE
- Hi, having strange abdominal pain, feels like period pain, but it lasts too long. more than 2 weeks already, so i suspect, it might be something else....ramipril side effect? started ramipril 3 month ago and dosage was increased a month ago...any ideas?
- I am taking protonix and have abdominal pain. Anyone else?
- My father is 82 yesrs ıld with grade 2 of mds syndrom . After His firs chemotrapy every thing became worse and worse .low plackets Bronshşt fever and noe abdominal pain waist pain and lower andominal near his Thigh he has a sever pain that cant walk:( We dont know what to do?! Continue...
- Zofran and Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide drug interaction
- Lithium Carbonate and Olmetec drug interaction
- Protopic and Triad drug interaction
- Mucinex and Itraconazole drug interaction
- Advil and Sotalol Hydrochloride drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Zofran and Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide
- Support group for people who take Lithium Carbonate and Olmetec
- Support group for people who take Protopic and Triad
- Support group for people who take Mucinex and Itraconazole
- Support group for people who take Advil and Sotalol Hydrochloride
- What to expect when you take Zofran and Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide
- What to expect when you take Lithium Carbonate and Olmetec
- What to expect when you take Protopic and Triad
- What to expect when you take Mucinex and Itraconazole
- What to expect when you take Advil and Sotalol Hydrochloride
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Rituxan
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Diovan Hct, Levo-t, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Inspra, Doxazosin Mesylate
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Zopiclone
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Kenalog-40
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.