Who have Rectal haemorrhage with Elmiron - from FDA reports
Rectal haemorrhage is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atarax, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,578 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
3,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 20 people (0.56%) have Rectal haemorrhage
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Rectal haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rectal haemorrhage when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Rectal haemorrhage when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 2 people, 10.00%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 1 person, 5.00%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 1 person, 5.00%
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria (haemoglobin in the urine): 1 person, 5.00%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 5.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz: 1 person, 5.00%
- Xarelto: 1 person, 5.00%
- Amoxicillin: 1 person, 5.00%
- Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium: 1 person, 5.00%
- Atarax: 1 person, 5.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 5 people, 25.00%
- Oesophagitis (inflammation of oesophagus): 4 people, 20.00%
- Antinuclear Antibody Positive: 4 people, 20.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 10.00%
- Swelling: 2 people, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Rectal haemorrhage while taking Elmiron?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Rectal haemorrhage
- Subscribe to monitor Rectal haemorrhage in Elmiron
You are not alone:
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,831 users)
Rectal haemorrhage (bleeding from anus) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, thrombosis, high blood pressure, acne (latest reports from 34,983 Rectal haemorrhage patients).
Drugs that are associated with Rectal haemorrhageRectal haemorrhage (1,994 drugs)
Could your condition cause Rectal haemorrhageRectal haemorrhage (1,417 conditions)
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Lithium Carbonate and Acacia Farnesiana drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Paranasal Sinus Neoplasm with Losartan? - a second ago
- Will you have Vertigo with Chloraprep One-Step? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Leukopenia with Roxicet? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Balance with Chloraprep One-Step? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Phentermine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Liquid Pred - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Trileptal, Effexor Xr - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Descovy, Prezcobix - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Lovenox, Fioricet, Provigil - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.