Elmiron and Vaginal haemorrhage - from FDA reports
Vaginal haemorrhage is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Vaginal haemorrhage with Elmiron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,148 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
3,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 14 people (0.44%) have Vaginal haemorrhage
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Vaginal haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vaginal haemorrhage when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 30.77 %
- 30-39: 30.77 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 15.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 5 people, 35.71%
- Birth Control: 3 people, 21.43%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 14.29%
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 1 person, 7.14%
- Convulsion Prophylaxis (prevention of seizure): 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal: 3 people, 21.43%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 14.29%
- Prozac: 2 people, 14.29%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 14.29%
- Calcium: 2 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 21.43%
- Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 14.29%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 2 people, 14.29%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Elmiron and have Vaginal haemorrhage?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vaginal haemorrhage
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,401 users)
Vaginal haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding) has been reported by people with birth control, endometriosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 28,747 Vaginal haemorrhage patients).
Drugs that are associated with Vaginal haemorrhageVaginal haemorrhage (1,850 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vaginal haemorrhageVaginal haemorrhage (1,445 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVaginal haemorrhage and drugs with ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVaginal haemorrhage and Elmiron from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,150 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Elmiron and have Vaginal Haemorrhage
- Support group for people who have Vaginal Haemorrhage
- Support group for people who take Elmiron
You may be interested in these posts
- I have noticed hair loss from taking this drug. I have been off the drug and I have seen a little improvement in hair growth. My question is does it grow back and how long does it take. Thanks
- Hello :) was taking elmiron for 2 years for Interstitial Cystitis and i dont remember this side effect happening..i had to stop taking it for a few months due to insurance but, now im on week one starting over and im having lots of muscle spasms. Good to know im not alone..big hugs everybody :)
- I just started taking Elmiron today after being off for 10 years. I asked if Xarelto and Elmiron together were safe and the doctor said yes. Are there anythings I need to prepare myself for or has the combination been ok for others.
- I am on my first bottle taking 3xa day and lately I can't seem to catch a good breath, specially when lying down
- I have been taking Elmiron for 3 weeks now and I have such severe joint /muscle pain. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia long before IC but never in my life felt like this. The pain is head to toe.
- Inhame-Bravo and Blopress drug interaction
- Will you have Cholelithiasis with Natural Dhea?
- Will you have H1N1 with Nucynta Er?
- Will you have Rectal Bleeding with Bipolar Ii Disorder?
- Will you have Asthma with Wellbutrin Sr?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Inhame-Bravo and Blopress
- Support group for people who take Natural Dhea and have Cholelithiasis?
- Support group for people who take Nucynta Er and have H1N1?
- Support group for people who have Bipolar Ii Disorder and Rectal Bleeding?
- Support group for people who take Wellbutrin Sr and have Asthma?
- What to expect when you take Inhame-Bravo and Blopress
- What to expect when you take Natural Dhea and have Cholelithiasis?
- What to expect when you take Nucynta Er and have H1N1?
- What to expect when you have Bipolar Ii Disorder and Rectal Bleeding?
- What to expect when you take Wellbutrin Sr and have Asthma?
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Lexapro, Effexor Xr
- A study for a 35 year old man who takes Keppra
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Nature-throid, Vyvanse, Effexor Xr
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D2, Viibryd, Xanax, Levoxyl, Ambien, Losartan, Advair Diskus 250/50, B12, Norco, Ibuprofen, Relpax, Allegra D 24 Hour
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Pantoprazole
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.