Elmiron and Vaginal haemorrhage - from FDA reports
Vaginal haemorrhage is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lamictal, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,578 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
3,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 14 people (0.39%) have Vaginal haemorrhage
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Vaginal haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vaginal haemorrhage when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 5 people, 35.71%
- Birth Control: 3 people, 21.43%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 14.29%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 7.14%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal: 3 people, 21.43%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 14.29%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 14.29%
- Ambien: 2 people, 14.29%
- Lorazepam: 2 people, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 21.43%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 2 people, 14.29%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 14.29%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 14.29%
- Endometriosis (appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterus and causing pelvic pain): 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Vaginal haemorrhage while taking Elmiron?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vaginal haemorrhage
- Subscribe to monitor Vaginal haemorrhage in Elmiron
You are not alone:
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,831 users)
Vaginal haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding) has been reported by people with birth control, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, endometriosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 33,392 Vaginal haemorrhage patients).
Drugs that are associated with Vaginal haemorrhageVaginal haemorrhage (1,821 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vaginal haemorrhageVaginal haemorrhage (1,463 conditions)
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection with Jakafi? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Akinesia with Ambien? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Macrocheilia with Inderal? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Influenza B with Desoximetasone? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Influenza A with Desoximetasone? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Divalproex, Concerta, Latuda for a 30 year old woman - 13 minutes ago
- Drug comparison of Dilantin, Keppra for a 55 year old man - 18 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Fish Oil, Garlic, Berberis Vulgaris - 56 minutes ago
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Prevacid, Otezla, Synthroid, Lexapro, Wellbutrin Xl - an hour ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Diovan, Bystolic - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.