Elmiron and Vaginal haemorrhage - from FDA reports
Vaginal haemorrhage is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lamictal, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Vaginal haemorrhage with Elmiron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,148 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 21, 2018
3,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 14 people (0.44%) have Vaginal haemorrhage
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Vaginal haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vaginal haemorrhage when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 30.77 %
- 30-39: 30.77 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 15.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (5 people, 35.71%)
- Birth Control (3 people, 21.43%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 14.29%)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (1 person, 7.14%)
- Convulsion Prophylaxis (1 person, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal (3 people, 21.43%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 14.29%)
- Prozac (2 people, 14.29%)
- Lyrica (2 people, 14.29%)
- Calcium (2 people, 14.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 21.43%)
- Pain (2 people, 14.29%)
- Nausea (2 people, 14.29%)
- Mood Swings (2 people, 14.29%)
- Headache (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Vaginal haemorrhage when taking Elmiron?
- Check symptoms - is vaginal haemorrhage caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVaginal haemorrhage and drugs with ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVaginal haemorrhage and Elmiron from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,401 users)
Vaginal haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding) has been reported by people with birth control, endometriosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding (latest reports from 28,736 Vaginal haemorrhage patients).
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Vaginal haemorrhageVaginal haemorrhage
Could your condition cause Vaginal haemorrhageVaginal haemorrhage
What would happen?
User posts to the study
Hello :) was taking elmiron for 2 years for Interstitial Cystitis and i dont remember this side effect happening..i had to stop taking it for a few months due to insurance but, now im on week one starting over and im having lots of muscle spasms. Good to know im not alone..big hugs everybody :)
I just started taking Elmiron today after being off for 10 years. I asked if Xarelto and Elmiron together were safe and the doctor said yes. Are there anythings I need to prepare myself for or has the combination been ok for others.