Elmiron and Vaginal hysterectomy - from FDA reports
Vaginal hysterectomy is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Percocet, and have Narcolepsy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,578 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
3,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 8 people (0.22%) have Vaginal hysterectomy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Vaginal hysterectomy *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vaginal hysterectomy when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vaginal hysterectomy when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 25.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 1 person, 12.50%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 12.50%
- Hypertonic Bladder (bladder-storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate): 1 person, 12.50%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 12.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 37.50%
- Percocet: 3 people, 37.50%
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 25.00%
- Qnasl: 2 people, 25.00%
- Centrum: 2 people, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Discomfort: 2 people, 25.00%
- Therapeutic Response Unexpected: 2 people, 25.00%
- Pre-Existing Condition Improved: 2 people, 25.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 12.50%
- Adverse Event: 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Vaginal hysterectomy while taking Elmiron?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vaginal hysterectomy
- Subscribe to monitor Vaginal hysterectomy in Elmiron
You are not alone:
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,831 users)
Vaginal hysterectomy has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 7,913 Vaginal hysterectomy patients).
Drugs that are associated with Vaginal hysterectomyVaginal hysterectomy (1,218 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vaginal hysterectomyVaginal hysterectomy (894 conditions)
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Bilirubin Conjugated Increased with Clopidogrel? - now
- Will you have Adenovirus Infection with Avastin? - 3 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Glucotrol and Spiriva - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Ileal Ulcer Perforation with Theophylline? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection with Abacavir Sulfate And Lamivudine? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Temazepam, Tessalon - 5 minutes ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Luvox - 46 minutes ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Aleve - an hour ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Pregabalin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Mirena - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.