Emflaza and Hypothyroidism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypothyroidism is reported only by a few people who take Emflaza.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Emflaza and have Hypothyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,735 people who have side effects while taking Emflaza from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,735 people reported to have side effects when taking Emflaza.
Among them, 2 people (0.05%) have Hypothyroidism.
What is Emflaza?
Emflaza has active ingredients of deflazacort. eHealthMe is studying from 3,738 Emflaza users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) is found to be associated with 2,960 drugs and 2,467 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Emflaza and Hypothyroidism reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Emflaza *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Emflaza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 100 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Emflaza *:
- Synthroid: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hypothyroidism *:
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Swelling Face: 1 person, 50.00%
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 1 person, 50.00%
- Irritability: 1 person, 50.00%
- Excessive Or Unwanted Hair In Women: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cushingoid (obesity and weakening of the muscles): 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Glucose Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Anger: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Emflaza and have Hypothyroidism?Check whether Hypothyroidism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ezeji GC, Inoue T, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A, "Hallucinations associated with miglitol use in a patient with chronic kidney disease and hypothyroidism", BMJ case reports, 2015 Feb .
How severe was Hypothyroidism and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of deflazacort:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Emflaza:
- Emflaza (3,738 reports)
Common Emflaza side effects:
- Weight increased: 541 reports
- Appetite - increased (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires): 124 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 106 reports
Browse all side effects of Emflaza:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypothyroidism treatments and more:
- Hypothyroidism (149,425 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypothyroidism in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypothyroidism in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Synthroid: 3,337 reports
- Fosamax: 2,470 reports
- Prednisone: 1,913 reports
- Aspirin: 1,788 reports
- Levothyroxine sodium: 1,775 reports
- Metformin: 1,188 reports
- Lasix: 1,075 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,064 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,037 reports
- Furosemide: 976 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism (2,960 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Osteoporosis: 2,201 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,003 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,422 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,259 reports
- Depression: 1,238 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism (2,467 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on deflazacort (the active ingredients of Emflaza) and Emflaza (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis and Application Site Irritation - a second ago
- Dexamethasone Acetate and Hypokalemia - 7 seconds ago
- Glipizide and Bumetanide drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Adderall and Sepsis - 11 seconds ago
- Torisel and Haemorrhagic Ascites - 12 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Impulsive Behavior - 17 seconds ago
- Biaxin and Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic - 19 seconds ago
- Ventavis and Dyspnea At Rest - 23 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Jaw Cyst - 29 seconds ago
- Osphena and Fluid Retention - 35 seconds ago