Emtriva and Albuminuria - from FDA reports
Albuminuria is found among people who take Emtriva, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Viread, and have Hiv infection. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,147 people who have side effects when taking Emtriva from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
1,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Emtriva.
Among them, 6 people (0.52%) have Albuminuria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Emtriva when people have Albuminuria *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Albuminuria when taking Emtriva *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Albuminuria when taking Emtriva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 83.33 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection: 6 people, 100.00%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hepatitis B: 1 person, 16.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Viread: 6 people, 100.00%
- Kaletra: 3 people, 50.00%
- Rimifon: 2 people, 33.33%
- Reyataz: 1 person, 16.67%
- Norvir: 1 person, 16.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 66.67%
- Glycosuria (excretion of glucose into the urine): 3 people, 50.00%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 2 people, 33.33%
- Fanconi Syndrome Acquired (self developed genetic disease of kidney damage due to defective transport system): 2 people, 33.33%
- Renal Tubular Disorder (disease of kidney tubules): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Albuminuria while taking Emtriva?
You are not alone:
Emtriva has active ingredients of emtricitabine. (latest outcomes from Emtriva 1,153 users)
Albuminuria (albumin is present in the urine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, kidney transplant, colorectal cancer metastatic, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 12,533 Albuminuria patients).
Drugs that are associated with AlbuminuriaAlbuminuria (1,601 drugs)
Could your condition cause AlbuminuriaAlbuminuria (1,391 conditions)
Emtriva side effects
- Emtriva side effects (1,147 reports)
Browse all side effects of Emtrivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Winter Itch with Lupron Depot-Ped? - a second ago
- Will you have Skin - Dry with Lupron Depot-Ped? - a second ago
- Will you have Dry Skin with Lupron Depot-Ped? - a second ago
- Will you have Radial Nerve Lesion with Aricept? - a second ago
- Will you have Skin Blushing/Flushing with Analgesia? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Atorvastatin Calcium, Prasugrel, Carvedilol - an hour ago
- Prediction of Vyvanse, Junel Fe 1/20 for a 28 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Adipex-p - an hour ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Adipex-p, Nexium - an hour ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Vimovo - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.