Who have Urine protein with Emtriva - from FDA reports
Urine protein is found among people who take Emtriva, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Viread, and have Hiv infection. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,147 people who have side effects when taking Emtriva from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
1,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Emtriva.
Among them, 6 people (0.52%) have Urine protein
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Emtriva when people have Urine protein *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urine protein when taking Emtriva *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Urine protein when taking Emtriva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 83.33 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection: 6 people, 100.00%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hepatitis B: 1 person, 16.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Viread: 6 people, 100.00%
- Kaletra: 3 people, 50.00%
- Rimifon: 2 people, 33.33%
- Reyataz: 1 person, 16.67%
- Norvir: 1 person, 16.67%
- Elavil: 1 person, 16.67%
- Bactrim Ds: 1 person, 16.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 66.67%
- Glycosuria (excretion of glucose into the urine): 3 people, 50.00%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 2 people, 33.33%
- Fanconi Syndrome Acquired (self developed genetic disease of kidney damage due to defective transport system): 2 people, 33.33%
- Renal Tubular Disorder (disease of kidney tubules): 1 person, 16.67%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 1 person, 16.67%
- Bacillus Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 16.67%
- Bacterial Test Positive: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Urine protein while taking Emtriva?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Urine protein
- Subscribe to monitor Urine protein in Emtriva
You are not alone:
Emtriva has active ingredients of emtricitabine. (latest outcomes from Emtriva 1,191 users)
Urine protein has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, kidney transplant, colorectal cancer metastatic, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 12,533 Urine protein patients).
Drugs that are associated with Urine proteinUrine protein (1,645 drugs)
Could your condition cause Urine proteinUrine protein (1,384 conditions)
Emtriva side effects
- Emtriva side effects (1,147 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Emtrivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Abdominal Symptom with Olanzapine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Faecal Impaction with Flovent? - 3 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Bactrim Pediatric and Sinemet drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Bronchitis Fungal with Angina Pectoris Aggravated? - 9 seconds ago
- Will you have Haemorrhage Foetal with Strattera? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Polyuria with Elavil? - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Urination - Excessive Volume with Elavil? - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Oxygen Saturation Decreased with Risperidone? - 12 seconds ago
- Will you have Canker Sores with Carboplatin? - 12 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Prazosin Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Atorvastatin Calcium, Fluoxetine, Memantine, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Vyvanse, Spironolactone, Modafinil, Linzess, Botox, Latuda - 20 minutes ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Lipitor, Effient, Metformin, Aspirin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Sensipar - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Seroquel Xr - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Desvenlafaxine Succinate, Vesicare, Truvada, Methylprednisolone, Tramadol, Valacyclovir, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Provigil, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Unisom - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Gabapentin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Paracetamol, Cymbalta - 10 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.