Who have Keratoconjunctivitis sicca with Enalapril maleate - from FDA reports
Keratoconjunctivitis sicca is found among people who take Enalapril maleate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Chronic obstructive airways disease. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,508 people who have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
27,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate.
Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Keratoconjunctivitis sicca
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Keratoconjunctivitis sicca *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Keratoconjunctivitis sicca when taking Enalapril maleate *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Keratoconjunctivitis sicca when taking Enalapril maleate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease: 2 people, 33.33%
- Vasculitis (inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels): 1 person, 16.67%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system): 1 person, 16.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 16.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 3 people, 50.00%
- Atenolol: 2 people, 33.33%
- Xenical: 2 people, 33.33%
- Spiriva: 2 people, 33.33%
- Albuterol: 2 people, 33.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 33.33%
- Eye Irritation: 2 people, 33.33%
- Wound: 1 person, 16.67%
- Emotional Distress: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Keratoconjunctivitis sicca while taking Enalapril maleate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Keratoconjunctivitis sicca
- Subscribe to monitor Keratoconjunctivitis sicca in Enalapril maleate
You are not alone:
Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Enalapril maleate 28,377 users)
Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (inflammation of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eye with decreased tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 1,196 Keratoconjunctivitis sicca patients).
Drugs that are associated with Keratoconjunctivitis siccaKeratoconjunctivitis sicca (762 drugs)
Could your condition cause Keratoconjunctivitis siccaKeratoconjunctivitis sicca (501 conditions)
Enalapril maleate side effects
- Enalapril maleate side effects (27,512 reports)
Browse all side effects of Enalapril maleatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Nipple Pain with Quit Smoking? - a second ago
- Will you have Speech Disorder with Gemzar? - a second ago
- Will you have Xith Nerve Paralysis with Magnesium Gluconate? - 2 seconds ago
- Zosyn and Lipitor drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Septic Shock with Oxycodone? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Clonidine - 6 minutes ago
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Naproxen - an hour ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin Sr - an hour ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Tamoxifen Citrate - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Advil Pm - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.