Enbrel and Nail ridging - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nail ridging is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Enbrel and have Nail ridging. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 633,316 people who have side effects when taking Enbrel from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
633,316 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel.
Among them, 23 people (0.0%) have Nail ridging.
What is Enbrel?
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 635,038 Enbrel users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nail ridging?
Nail ridging (nail has raised ridges and is thin and curved inward) is found to be associated with 422 drugs and 280 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Enbrel and Nail ridging reports submitted per year:
Time on Enbrel when people have Nail ridging *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nail ridging when taking Enbrel *:
- female: 86.96 %
- male: 13.04 %
Age of people who have Nail ridging when taking Enbrel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 29.41 %
- 50-59: 17.65 %
- 60+: 52.94 %
Common drugs people take besides Enbrel *:
- Biotin: 2 people, 8.70%
- Vistaril: 2 people, 8.70%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 8.70%
- Trexall: 2 people, 8.70%
- Humira: 2 people, 8.70%
- Flonase Sensimist Allergy Relief: 2 people, 8.70%
- Prozac: 2 people, 8.70%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 8.70%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 8.70%
- Diclofenac: 1 person, 4.35%
Common side effects people have besides Nail ridging *:
- Joint Pain: 12 people, 52.17%
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 30.43%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 30.43%
- Injection Site Pain: 4 people, 17.39%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 17.39%
- Pain: 4 people, 17.39%
- Depression: 3 people, 13.04%
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 13.04%
- Joint Stiffness: 3 people, 13.04%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 3 people, 13.04%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 18 people, 78.26%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 8 people, 34.78%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 4.35%
- Infection: 1 person, 4.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Enbrel and have Nail ridging?Check whether Nail ridging is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nail ridging and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of etanercept:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Enbrel:
- Enbrel (635,038 reports)
Common Enbrel side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 90,931 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 56,708 reports
- Joint pain: 49,585 reports
- Pain: 47,830 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 32,388 reports
- Rashes (redness): 29,268 reports
Browse all side effects of Enbrel:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nail ridging treatments and more:
- Nail ridging (424 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nail ridging in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (422 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Nail ridging:
- Nail ridging (280 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on etanercept (the active ingredients of Enbrel) and Enbrel (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoladex and Acute Myocardial Infarction - 2 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Bone Pain - 11 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Weight Increased - 19 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Ubiquinone Decreased - 26 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Urination - Painful - 28 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Blood Urea Increased - 34 seconds ago
- Micafungin Sodium and Peptic Ulcer Aggravated - 34 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Oedema Peripheral - 37 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Drug Screen Positive - 43 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Paraesthesia - 45 seconds ago