Enoxaparin sodium and Encephalopathy - from FDA reports
Encephalopathy is found among people who take Enoxaparin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Warfarin Sodium, and have Glioblastoma multiforme. This review analyzes which people have Encephalopathy with Enoxaparin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,784 people who have side effects when taking Enoxaparin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 16, 2017
10,784 people reported to have side effects when taking Enoxaparin sodium.
Among them, 45 people (0.42%) have Encephalopathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Enoxaparin sodium when people have Encephalopathy *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Encephalopathy when taking Enoxaparin sodium *:
- female: 38.1 %
- male: 61.9 %
Age of people who have Encephalopathy when taking Enoxaparin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.06 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 30.3 %
- 60+: 63.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Glioblastoma Multiforme (9 people, 20.00%)
- Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified (3 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (2 people, 4.44%)
- Hiv Infection (2 people, 4.44%)
- Hepatitis C (2 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Warfarin Sodium (10 people, 22.22%)
- Valsartan (9 people, 20.00%)
- Synthroid (9 people, 20.00%)
- Decadron (8 people, 17.78%)
- Alprazolam (8 people, 17.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (12 people, 26.67%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (11 people, 24.44%)
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (10 people, 22.22%)
- Weight Decreased (9 people, 20.00%)
- Headache (9 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Encephalopathy when taking Enoxaparin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is encephalopathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEncephalopathy and drugs with ingredients of enoxaparin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEncephalopathy and Enoxaparin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Enoxaparin sodium has active ingredients of enoxaparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. (latest outcomes from Enoxaparin sodium 10,847 users)
Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, herpes zoster, depression, pain, hepatitis c (latest reports from 14,280 Encephalopathy patients).