Entacapone and Erythema multiforme - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Erythema multiforme is found among people who take Entacapone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Entacapone and have Erythema multiforme. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,900 people who have side effects when taking Entacapone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,900 people reported to have side effects when taking Entacapone.
Among them, 11 people (0.28%) have Erythema multiforme.
What is Entacapone?
Entacapone has active ingredients of entacapone. It is often used in parkinson's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 3,922 Entacapone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Erythema multiforme?
Erythema multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction) is found to be associated with 2,958 drugs and 2,838 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Entacapone and Erythema multiforme reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Erythema multiforme when taking Entacapone *:
- female: 77.78 %
- male: 22.22 %
Age of people who have Erythema multiforme when taking Entacapone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Common drugs people take besides Entacapone *:
- Paracetamol: 8 people, 72.73%
- Escitalopram: 8 people, 72.73%
- Vitamin E: 2 people, 18.18%
- Comtan: 2 people, 18.18%
- Ventolin: 1 person, 9.09%
- Carbidopa And Levodopa: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Erythema multiforme *:
- Oral Candidiasis (fungal infection of mouth): 2 people, 18.18%
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 2 people, 18.18%
- Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity): 2 people, 18.18%
- Hepatic Necrosis (large portions of liver die off due to severe liver disease): 2 people, 18.18%
- Haemorrhagic Stroke (stroke caused by the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain): 2 people, 18.18%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 9.09%
- Collapse (sudden functional breakdown): 1 person, 9.09%
- Alpha 1 Foetoprotein Increased: 1 person, 9.09%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1 person, 9.09%
- Blood Bilirubin Increased: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Entacapone and have Erythema multiforme?Check whether Erythema multiforme is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tognetti L, Giorgini S, Lotti T, "Erythema multiforme-like eruption from a slimming drug preparation cutaneous adverse drug reaction", Indian dermatology online journal, 2011 Jan .
How severe was Erythema multiforme and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of entacapone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Entacapone:
- Entacapone (3,922 reports)
Common Entacapone side effects:
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 401 reports
- Parkinson's disease: 331 reports
- Drug ineffective: 295 reports
- Drowsiness: 222 reports
Browse all side effects of Entacapone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Erythema multiforme treatments and more:
- Erythema multiforme (53,930 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Erythema multiforme:
- Erythema multiforme in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Erythema multiforme in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Erythema multiforme in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Erythema multiforme:
- Lopurin: 2,664 reports
- Allopurinol: 2,664 reports
- Lamictal: 2,497 reports
- Bextra: 2,312 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,199 reports
- Ibu: 1,977 reports
- Profen: 1,977 reports
- Lamotrigine: 1,774 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,774 reports
- Furosemide: 1,689 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Erythema multiforme:
- Erythema multiforme (2,958 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Erythema multiforme:
All the conditions that are associated with Erythema multiforme:
- Erythema multiforme (2,838 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on entacapone (the active ingredients of Entacapone) and Entacapone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nasonex and Cerebral Infarction - 14 seconds ago
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid and Idiosyncratic Drug Reaction - 14 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride and Drug Tolerance Decreased - 15 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Mycobacterium Kansasii Infection - 16 seconds ago
- Smell - Impaired in Tamsulosin, how severe and when it was recovered? - 19 seconds ago
- Escitalopram vs. Gaba - 25 seconds ago
- Entacapone and Erythema Multiforme - 30 seconds ago
- Fs and Isosorbide Mononitrate drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Eosinophil Count Decreased - 48 seconds ago
- Dulera and Vitamin C drug interaction - 50 seconds ago