Entocort ec and Acne - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acne is found among people who take Entocort ec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Entocort ec and have Acne. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,856 people who have side effects when taking Entocort ec from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
2,856 people reported to have side effects when taking Entocort ec.
Among them, 16 people (0.56%) have Acne.
What is Entocort ec?
Entocort ec has active ingredients of budesonide. It is often used in crohn's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 3,092 Entocort ec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acne?
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) is found to be associated with 2,650 drugs and 2,030 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Entocort ec and Acne reports submitted per year:
Time on Entocort ec when people have Acne *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Entocort ec *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Acne when taking Entocort ec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.33 %
- 30-39: 13.33 %
- 40-49: 6.67 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 46.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Entocort ec *:
- Humira: 7 people, 43.75%
- Folic Acid: 5 people, 31.25%
- Allegra: 5 people, 31.25%
- Asacol: 5 people, 31.25%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 25.00%
- Aciphex: 4 people, 25.00%
- Diflucan: 4 people, 25.00%
- Protonix: 4 people, 25.00%
- Lomotil: 4 people, 25.00%
- Pentasa: 4 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Acne *:
- Rashes (redness): 8 people, 50.00%
- Skin Atrophy (wasting of skin): 6 people, 37.50%
- Pain: 6 people, 37.50%
- Weight Decreased: 5 people, 31.25%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 5 people, 31.25%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 31.25%
- Head Injury: 5 people, 31.25%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 5 people, 31.25%
- Hyperadrenocorticism (overproduction of cortisol): 4 people, 25.00%
- Body Height Decreased: 4 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 2 people, 12.50%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 12.50%
- Cystic Fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 2 people, 12.50%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 6.25%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 1 person, 6.25%
- Memory Loss: 1 person, 6.25%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 6.25%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 6.25%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 6.25%
- Depression: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Entocort ec and have Acne?Check whether Acne is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Entocort ec:
- Entocort ec (3,092 reports)
Acne treatments and more:
- Acne (157,773 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acne:
- Acne in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acne in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acne in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Acne and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of budesonide:
- Acne and drugs with ingredients of budesonide (282 reports)
Common drugs associated with Acne:
All the drugs that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,650 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acne:
All the conditions that are associated with Acne:
- Acne (2,030 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on budesonide (the active ingredients of Entocort ec) and Entocort ec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tardive Dyskinesia and Abdominal Distension - 3 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Anal Fistula - 9 seconds ago
- Oedema Aggravated and Splenomegaly - 13 seconds ago
- Aleve and Abdominal Distension - 13 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Advil Cold And Sinus drug interaction - 21 seconds ago