Epipen and Candidiasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Candidiasis is found among people who take Epipen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Epipen and have Candidiasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,390 people who have side effects when taking Epipen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Epipen.
Among them, 13 people (0.06%) have Candidiasis.
What is Epipen?
Epipen has active ingredients of epinephrine. It is often used in anaphylaxis. eHealthMe is studying from 20,459 Epipen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Candidiasis?
Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection) is found to be associated with 1,528 drugs and 1,064 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Epipen and Candidiasis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Candidiasis when taking Epipen *:
- female: 76.92 %
- male: 23.08 %
Age of people who have Candidiasis when taking Epipen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 30.77 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 30.77 %
- 60+: 23.08 %
Common drugs people take besides Epipen *:
- Xanax: 8 people, 61.54%
- Lisinopril: 7 people, 53.85%
- Synthroid: 7 people, 53.85%
- Lasix: 7 people, 53.85%
- Lyrica: 7 people, 53.85%
- Nexium: 7 people, 53.85%
- Zofran: 6 people, 46.15%
- Kenalog: 6 people, 46.15%
- Phenergan: 6 people, 46.15%
- Benadryl: 6 people, 46.15%
Common side effects people have besides Candidiasis *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 10 people, 76.92%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 53.85%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 53.85%
- Back Pain: 6 people, 46.15%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 46.15%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 6 people, 46.15%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 6 people, 46.15%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 6 people, 46.15%
- Swelling: 6 people, 46.15%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 5 people, 38.46%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thyroid Diseases: 4 people, 30.77%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 4 people, 30.77%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 4 people, 30.77%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 30.77%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 30.77%
- Cardiac Disorder: 4 people, 30.77%
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 30.77%
- Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood): 4 people, 30.77%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 23.08%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Epipen and have Candidiasis?Check whether Candidiasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Candidiasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of epinephrine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Epipen:
- Epipen (20,459 reports)
Common Epipen side effects:
Browse all side effects of Epipen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Candidiasis treatments and more:
- Candidiasis (8,491 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Candidiasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Candidiasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Candidiasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis (1,528 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Candidiasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Candidiasis:
- Candidiasis (1,064 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on epinephrine (the active ingredients of Epipen) and Epipen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Faslodex and Listless - 2 seconds ago
- Claforan and Haemothorax - 7 seconds ago
- Epidiolex and Unasyn drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Kadian and Rectal Haemorrhage - 45 seconds ago
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride and Doxylamine Succinate drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Fludrocortisone Acetate and Crohn'S Disease Aggravated - 57 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Gliclazide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ribavirin and Cyclophosphamide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Appetite - Decreased in Viorele, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Appetite Decreased in Viorele, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago