Epivir and Hyperglycemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hyperglycemia is found among people who take Epivir, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Epivir and have Hyperglycemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,085 people who have side effects when taking Epivir from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Epivir.
Among them, 45 people (0.28%) have Hyperglycemia.
What is Epivir?
Epivir has active ingredients of lamivudine. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 16,132 Epivir users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) is found to be associated with 2,867 drugs and 2,398 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Epivir and Hyperglycemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Epivir when people have Hyperglycemia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 30 %
- 10+ years: 20 %
Gender of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Epivir *:
- female: 26.67 %
- male: 73.33 %
Age of people who have Hyperglycemia when taking Epivir *:
- 0-1: 3.33 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 13.33 %
- 40-49: 63.33 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Epivir *:
- Retrovir: 23 people, 51.11%
- Kaletra: 22 people, 48.89%
- Norvir: 21 people, 46.67%
- Viracept: 19 people, 42.22%
- Zerit: 18 people, 40.00%
- Viread: 18 people, 40.00%
- Truvada: 16 people, 35.56%
- Bactrim: 16 people, 35.56%
- Isentress: 16 people, 35.56%
- Videx: 15 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperglycemia *:
- Cough: 16 people, 35.56%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 16 people, 35.56%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 16 people, 35.56%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 16 people, 35.56%
- Diarrhea: 15 people, 33.33%
- Kidney Stones: 15 people, 33.33%
- Constipation: 15 people, 33.33%
- Glycosuria (excretion of glucose into the urine): 15 people, 33.33%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 15 people, 33.33%
- Facial Pain: 14 people, 31.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 5 people, 11.11%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 8.89%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 3 people, 6.67%
- Adrenal Insufficiency (condition in which the adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of steroids): 2 people, 4.44%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 2 people, 4.44%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 4.44%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 2 people, 4.44%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 4.44%
- Thrombotic Microangiopathy (a pathology that results in thrombosis in capillaries and arterioles, due to an endothelial injury): 2 people, 4.44%
- Mycobacterium Avium Complex Infection: 2 people, 4.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Epivir and have Hyperglycemia?Check whether Hyperglycemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hyperglycemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamivudine:
- Hyperglycemia and drugs with ingredients of lamivudine (186 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Epivir:
- Epivir (16,132 reports)
Common Epivir side effects:
- Fever: 1,289 reports
- Pain: 968 reports
- Indigestion: 812 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 770 reports
- Weakness: 642 reports
Browse all side effects of Epivir:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hyperglycemia treatments and more:
- Hyperglycemia (43,605 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hyperglycemia:
- Hyperglycemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hyperglycemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hyperglycemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hyperglycemia:
- Metformin: 4,310 reports
- Lantus: 4,111 reports
- Prednisone: 2,439 reports
- Aspirin: 2,130 reports
- Humalog: 1,890 reports
- Seroquel: 1,750 reports
- Zyprexa: 1,663 reports
- Risperdal: 1,343 reports
- Furosemide: 1,337 reports
- Amlodipine: 1,304 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperglycemia:
- Hyperglycemia (2,867 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperglycemia:
- Type 2 diabetes: 3,805 reports
- Diabetes: 3,729 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,800 reports
- Depression: 1,353 reports
- Type 1 diabetes: 1,159 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 1,098 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 941 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperglycemia:
- Hyperglycemia (2,398 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamivudine (the active ingredients of Epivir) and Epivir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Triumeq and High Blood Cholesterol - 2 seconds ago
- Cardiac Stress Test Abnormal and Silent Myocardial Infarction - 4 seconds ago
- Heparin and Social Avoidant Behavior - 5 seconds ago
- Exemestane and Fluid Retention - 7 seconds ago
- Colon Cancer Metastatic and Large Intestine Perforation - 8 seconds ago
- Ddavp and Striant drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Compartment Syndrome - 22 seconds ago
- Asa and Serotonin Syndrome - 23 seconds ago
- Alendronic Acid and Base Excess Abnormal - 24 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Drug Withdrawal Syndrome Neonatal - 25 seconds ago