Erythromycin and Enterococcal infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Enterococcal infection is reported only by a few people who take Erythromycin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Erythromycin and have Enterococcal infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,894 people who have side effects while taking Erythromycin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,894 people reported to have side effects when taking Erythromycin.
Among them, 5 people (0.06%) have Enterococcal infection.
What is Erythromycin?
Erythromycin has active ingredients of erythromycin. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 9,384 Erythromycin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Enterococcal infection?
Enterococcal infection is found to be associated with 1,111 drugs and 704 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Erythromycin and Enterococcal infection reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Enterococcal infection when taking Erythromycin *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Enterococcal infection when taking Erythromycin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Erythromycin *:
- Zofran: 4 people, 80.00%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 60.00%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 60.00%
- Protonix: 3 people, 60.00%
- Digoxin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Carvedilol: 3 people, 60.00%
- Plavix: 3 people, 60.00%
- Nitroglycerin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Imdur: 2 people, 40.00%
- Glycolax: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Enterococcal infection *:
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 5 people, 100.00%
- Weakness: 4 people, 80.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 4 people, 80.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 80.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 80.00%
- Cardiac Murmur (an heart sound in valve abnormality): 3 people, 60.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 60.00%
- Pulmonary Oedema (fluid accumulation in the lungs): 3 people, 60.00%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 3 people, 60.00%
- Joint Pain: 3 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 40.00%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Rate Irregular: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Erythromycin and have Enterococcal infection?Check whether Enterococcal infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Enterococcal infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of erythromycin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Erythromycin:
- Erythromycin (9,384 reports)
Common Erythromycin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Erythromycin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Enterococcal infection treatments and more:
- Enterococcal infection (6,682 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Enterococcal infection:
- Enterococcal infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Enterococcal infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Enterococcal infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Enterococcal infection:
All the drugs that are associated with Enterococcal infection:
- Enterococcal infection (1,111 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Enterococcal infection:
All the conditions that are associated with Enterococcal infection:
- Enterococcal infection (704 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on erythromycin (the active ingredients of Erythromycin) and Erythromycin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Constipation and Encephalopathy - 2 seconds ago
- Glomerulonephritis Proliferative and High Blood Cholesterol - 7 seconds ago
- Aripiprazole and Modafinil drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Tretinoin and Dizziness - 18 seconds ago
- Hypogonadism and Vitamin B12 Deficiency - 27 seconds ago
- L - Tryptophan vs. Ibu - 29 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Confusion - 29 seconds ago
- Vyvanse and Urticaria Aggravated - 43 seconds ago
- Ocupress and Seasonal Allergy - 44 seconds ago
- Linzess vs. Zoloft - 53 seconds ago