Erythromycin and Tooth loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tooth loss is found among people who take Erythromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Erythromycin and have Tooth loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,746 people who have side effects when taking Erythromycin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Erythromycin.
Among them, 42 people (0.54%) have Tooth loss.
What is Erythromycin?
Erythromycin has active ingredients of erythromycin. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 8,230 Erythromycin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tooth loss?
Tooth loss is found to be associated with 1,486 drugs and 898 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Erythromycin and Tooth loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Erythromycin when people have Tooth loss *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tooth loss when taking Erythromycin *:
- female: 54.76 %
- male: 45.24 %
Age of people who have Tooth loss when taking Erythromycin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.44 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 21.95 %
- 50-59: 2.44 %
- 60+: 73.17 %
Common drugs people take besides Erythromycin *:
- Zometa: 31 people, 73.81%
- Lovenox: 26 people, 61.90%
- Aspirin: 24 people, 57.14%
- Aredia: 22 people, 52.38%
- Prednisone: 21 people, 50.00%
- Metronidazole: 21 people, 50.00%
- Furosemide: 20 people, 47.62%
- Taxotere: 19 people, 45.24%
- Coumadin: 19 people, 45.24%
- Atrovent: 18 people, 42.86%
Common side effects people have besides Tooth loss *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 41 people, 97.62%
- Weakness: 34 people, 80.95%
- Pain: 34 people, 80.95%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 33 people, 78.57%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 26 people, 61.90%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 26 people, 61.90%
- Injury: 26 people, 61.90%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 25 people, 59.52%
- Pneumonia: 24 people, 57.14%
- Bone Disorder: 23 people, 54.76%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 12 people, 28.57%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 12 people, 28.57%
- Asthma: 12 people, 28.57%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 10 people, 23.81%
- Bone Neoplasm Malignant (cancer of bone): 10 people, 23.81%
- Diabetes: 6 people, 14.29%
- Pain: 5 people, 11.90%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 11.90%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 2.38%
- Pleural Disorder: 1 person, 2.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Erythromycin and have Tooth loss?Check whether Tooth loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tooth loss and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of erythromycin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Erythromycin:
- Erythromycin (8,230 reports)
Common Erythromycin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Erythromycin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tooth loss treatments and more:
- Tooth loss (23,621 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tooth loss:
- Tooth loss in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tooth loss in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tooth loss in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Tooth loss:
All the drugs that are associated with Tooth loss:
- Tooth loss (1,486 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tooth loss:
All the conditions that are associated with Tooth loss:
- Tooth loss (898 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on erythromycin (the active ingredients of Erythromycin) and Erythromycin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Serevent and Cefazolin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Clonazepam and Glucose Urine Present - 10 seconds ago
- Clindesse and Ulcerative Keratitis - 11 seconds ago
- Fever and Movement - Uncoordinated - 14 seconds ago
- Tamiflu and Blood Disorder - 21 seconds ago
- Abreva and Osteopenia - 22 seconds ago
- Tradjenta and Hearing Loss - 23 seconds ago
- Taxol and Pericardial Effusion - 28 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Hydrochloride and Cialis drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Prinivil and Atenolol drug interaction - 38 seconds ago