Escitalopram and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Escitalopram, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Stelara, and have Parkinson's disease. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Escitalopram. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,118 people who have side effects when taking Escitalopram from FDA, and is updated regularly.
21,118 people reported to have side effects when taking Escitalopram.
Among them, 13 people (0.06%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Escitalopram when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Escitalopram *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Escitalopram *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 70 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Parkinson's Disease: 5 people, 38.46%
- Psychotic Disorder: 3 people, 23.08%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 3 people, 23.08%
- Preventive Health Care: 3 people, 23.08%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa: 3 people, 23.08%
- Stelara: 3 people, 23.08%
- Carbidopa And Levodopa: 2 people, 15.38%
- Triticum: 1 person, 7.69%
- Seroquel: 1 person, 7.69%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur): 2 people, 15.38%
- Withdrawal Syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance): 1 person, 7.69%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 1 person, 7.69%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 1 person, 7.69%
- Antisocial Personality Disorder: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Acute psychosis in Escitalopram
- Subscribe to monitor Escitalopram
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute psychosis
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Escitalopram has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Escitalopram 22,848 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (649 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (382 conditions)
Escitalopram side effects
- Escitalopram side effects (21,130 reports)
Browse all side effects of Escitaloprama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Escitalopram and have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who take Escitalopram
You may be interested in these posts
- First time in a support group just wondering if this would be a good medication to take with anxiety
- I have taken escitalopram for years and it keeps in a stable place. After one week of Nifedipine, I feel as though I am slipping into a depressed state. Is it possible they are not interacting well?
- hi is there any reactions between escitrapram and krill oil
- Hello, I started taking Lexapro 3 1/2 months ago and woke up one day with no voice. I was not sick at all. Has anyone else lost their voice from this med? I have not had a voice in 6 weeks. Thank you
- Hi. I’ve been taking Concerta 27mg for about 6 years and excitalopram for about 6 -8 months. Concerta doesn’t seem to be working well lately. Wondering if anyone has the same experience after adding Escitalopram? I get hangovers really easily now too, many ways a side effect? Woudl like to...
- Will you have Dry Skin with Benadryl?
- Will you have Head Injury with Aspirin?
- Will you have Insomnia with Camphor?
- Will you have Frequent Headaches with Vitamin B12?
- Wellbutrin and Halog drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Benadryl and have Dry Skin?
- Support group for people who take Aspirin and have Head Injury?
- Support group for people who take Camphor and have Insomnia?
- Support group for people who take Vitamin B12 and have Frequent Headaches?
- Support group for people who take Wellbutrin and Halog
- Bala Krishnan - Age 53-india - having Gerd_Anxity_rls (Want to Know what Med can be fit for...
- Hi I am the girlfriend of a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- Charlene Vermeulen - I have extreme muscle stiffness and migraines caused by stiff jaw
- Hi I am three girlfriend off a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- My daughter is limping around the house. We tried mustard, salt, bananas, heating pad. I may need...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.