Estraderm and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is found among people who take Estraderm, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Estraderm and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,370 people who have side effects when taking Estraderm from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Estraderm.
Among them, 60 people (1.78%) have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
What is Estraderm?
Estraderm has active ingredients of estradiol. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. eHealthMe is studying from 3,411 Estraderm users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe) is found to be associated with 2,759 drugs and 2,038 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Estraderm and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Estraderm when people have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.88 %
- 6 - 12 months: 19.51 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.2 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 21.95 %
- 10+ years: 31.71 %
Gender of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Estraderm *:
- female: 98.31 %
- male: 1.69 %
Age of people who have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease when taking Estraderm *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 52.83 %
- 60+: 47.17 %
Common drugs people take besides Estraderm *:
- Premarin: 39 people, 65.00%
- Prempro: 38 people, 63.33%
- Provera: 31 people, 51.67%
- Fosamax: 27 people, 45.00%
- Cycrin: 19 people, 31.67%
- Norvasc: 19 people, 31.67%
- Aspirin: 18 people, 30.00%
- Folic Acid: 17 people, 28.33%
- Lortab: 17 people, 28.33%
- Synthroid: 17 people, 28.33%
Common side effects people have besides Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease *:
- Chest Pain: 37 people, 61.67%
- Depression: 34 people, 56.67%
- Breast Lump (localized swelling that feels different from the surrounding breast tissue): 31 people, 51.67%
- Pain: 30 people, 50.00%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 30 people, 50.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 29 people, 48.33%
- Dizziness: 25 people, 41.67%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 23 people, 38.33%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 23 people, 38.33%
- Diarrhea: 22 people, 36.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women): 18 people, 30.00%
- Bone Density Abnormal: 8 people, 13.33%
- Depression: 7 people, 11.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 10.00%
- Diabetes: 5 people, 8.33%
- Thyroid Diseases: 5 people, 8.33%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 8.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 8.33%
- Breast Cancer: 5 people, 8.33%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 4 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Estraderm and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?Check whether Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of estradiol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Estraderm:
- Estraderm (3,411 reports)
Common Estraderm side effects:
- Breast cancer: 800 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 302 reports
- Depression: 294 reports
- High blood pressure: 238 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 227 reports
- Pain: 226 reports
- Breast lump (localized swelling that feels different from the surrounding breast tissue): 220 reports
- Hot flush (sudden feelings of heat): 212 reports
Browse all side effects of Estraderm:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatments and more:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (180,013 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Spiriva: 7,121 reports
- Prednisone: 5,692 reports
- Symbicort: 4,676 reports
- Aspirin: 4,628 reports
- Albuterol: 3,918 reports
- Fosamax: 2,947 reports
- Furosemide: 2,933 reports
- Lasix: 2,829 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,490 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,415 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,759 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,895 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,472 reports
- Asthma: 3,370 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,274 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2,038 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on estradiol (the active ingredients of Estraderm) and Estraderm (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Anafranil and Premature Labor - a second ago
- Enulose and Flushing Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Myoclonus - 4 seconds ago
- Ribavirin and Rhabdomyolysis - 5 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Plantar Fasciitis - 6 seconds ago
- Ranitidine vs. Rabeprazole - 7 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Infective Myositis - 15 seconds ago
- Herceptin and Menopausal Symptoms - 19 seconds ago
- Bactrim Ds and Abdominal Tenderness - 19 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin and Myoglobin Urine Present - 19 seconds ago