Estropipate and Aseptic necrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 1,630 people who have side effects when taking Estropipate. Aseptic necrosis is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Fosamax and have Osteoporosis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Estropipate and have Aseptic necrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,630 people reported to have side effects when taking Estropipate.
Among them, 20 people (1.23%) have Aseptic necrosis.
What is Estropipate?
Estropipate has active ingredients of estropipate. It is used in hormone replacement therapy. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 1,656 Estropipate users.
What is Aseptic necrosis?
Aseptic necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply) is found to be associated with 2,275 drugs and 1,607 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 58,458 people who have Aseptic necrosis.
Number of Estropipate and Aseptic necrosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Aseptic necrosis when taking Estropipate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Aseptic necrosis when taking Estropipate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 45 %
- 60+: 55 %
Common drugs people take besides Estropipate *:
- Fosamax: 20 people, 100.00%
- Risperdal: 9 people, 45.00%
- Zantac: 9 people, 45.00%
- Elavil: 9 people, 45.00%
- Tramadol Hydrochloride: 9 people, 45.00%
- Temazepam: 9 people, 45.00%
- Duragesic-100: 9 people, 45.00%
- Diazepam: 9 people, 45.00%
- Singulair: 9 people, 45.00%
- Percocet: 4 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Aseptic necrosis *:
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 17 people, 85.00%
- Gingival Disorder (gum disease): 12 people, 60.00%
- Tooth Fracture: 11 people, 55.00%
- Pain In Jaw: 11 people, 55.00%
- Impaired Healing: 11 people, 55.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 50.00%
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 10 people, 50.00%
- Abscess (pus): 10 people, 50.00%
- Hepatic Enzyme Increased: 9 people, 45.00%
- Head Injury: 9 people, 45.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 17 people, 85.00%
- Pain: 13 people, 65.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 9 people, 45.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 9 people, 45.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 9 people, 45.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 9 people, 45.00%
- Depression: 9 people, 45.00%
- Spinal Column Stenosis (narrowing of spinal column): 4 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Estropipate and have Aseptic necrosis?Check whether Aseptic necrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Estropipate side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Estropipate side effects (1,656 reports)
Aseptic necrosis treatments and more:
- Aseptic necrosis (58,458 reports)
Common drugs associated with Aseptic necrosis:
- Truvada: 13,957 reports
- Viread: 13,406 reports
- Zometa: 12,598 reports
- Fosamax: 9,389 reports
- Atripla: 7,472 reports
- Aredia: 5,034 reports
- Biktarvy: 4,525 reports
- Descovy: 3,645 reports
- Stribild: 3,497 reports
- Prednisone: 3,133 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Aseptic necrosis:
- Aseptic necrosis (2,275 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Aseptic necrosis:
- Hiv infection: 18,683 reports
- Osteoporosis: 6,806 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 3,462 reports
- Breast cancer: 1,914 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,427 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Aseptic necrosis:
- Aseptic necrosis (1,607 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on estropipate (the active ingredients of Estropipate) and Estropipate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lipitor and Carbidopa, Levodopa And Entacapone drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Lorazepam drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Garcinia Cambogia drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Phentermine and Theophylline drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Nicotinamide and Hydroxocobalamin drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Reglan and Flunisolide drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Claritin-D and Oxcarbazepine drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium and Acetylsalicylic Acid drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Colace and Carmustine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Crestor and Product Taste Abnormal - 37 seconds ago