Euthyrox and Neck pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 7,724 people who have side effects when taking Euthyrox. Neck pain is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take Paracetamol and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Euthyrox and have Neck pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,724 people reported to have side effects when taking Euthyrox.
Among them, 60 people (0.78%) have Neck pain.
What is Euthyrox?
Euthyrox has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is used in hypothyroidism. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 7,843 Euthyrox users.
What is Neck pain?
Neck pain is found to be associated with 3,254 drugs and 2,748 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 78,970 people who have Neck pain.
Number of Euthyrox and Neck pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Euthyrox when people have Neck pain *:
- < 1 month: 6.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 60.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Neck pain when taking Euthyrox *:
- female: 89.47 %
- male: 10.53 %
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Euthyrox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 13.21 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.66 %
- 40-49: 22.64 %
- 50-59: 33.96 %
- 60+: 24.53 %
Common drugs people take besides Euthyrox *:
- Paracetamol: 10 people, 16.67%
- Amlodipine: 9 people, 15.00%
- Diclofenac: 9 people, 15.00%
- Votrient: 6 people, 10.00%
- Clopidogrel: 6 people, 10.00%
- Vitamin D: 6 people, 10.00%
- Losartan Potassium: 2 people, 3.33%
- Metformin Hydrochloride: 2 people, 3.33%
- Nimodipine: 2 people, 3.33%
- Pantoprazole: 2 people, 3.33%
Common side effects people have besides Neck pain *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 38 people, 63.33%
- Diarrhea: 32 people, 53.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 31 people, 51.67%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 26 people, 43.33%
- Dizziness: 24 people, 40.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 23 people, 38.33%
- Joint Pain: 21 people, 35.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 19 people, 31.67%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 18 people, 30.00%
- Rashes (redness): 18 people, 30.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 26.67%
- Diabetes: 9 people, 15.00%
- Glioma (a type of tumour that starts in the brain or spine): 8 people, 13.33%
- Post Procedural Hypothyroidism: 7 people, 11.67%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 6 people, 10.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 6 people, 10.00%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 6 people, 10.00%
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow)): 6 people, 10.00%
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 6 people, 10.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 6 people, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Euthyrox and have Neck pain?Check whether Neck pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Euthyrox side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Euthyrox side effects (7,843 reports)
Neck pain treatments and more:
- Neck pain (78,970 reports)
Common drugs associated with Neck pain:
- Humira: 5,668 reports
- Methotrexate: 4,989 reports
- Prednisone: 4,685 reports
- Enbrel: 4,650 reports
- Aspirin: 3,290 reports
- Synthroid: 2,279 reports
- Vitamin d: 2,278 reports
- Cosentyx: 2,267 reports
- Ibu: 2,114 reports
- Gabapentin: 2,107 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Neck pain:
- Neck pain (3,254 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Neck pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,449 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 3,781 reports
- Pain: 3,269 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,216 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,936 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Neck pain:
- Neck pain (2,748 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Euthyrox) and Euthyrox (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Simethicone and Lotrimin drug interaction - now
- Adrenalin and Duoneb drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Central Nervous System Lesion - 15 seconds ago
- Prezista and Gliclazide drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Ganciclovir Sodium and Combivir drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride and Pruritus Aggravated - 24 seconds ago
- Sucralfate and Olysio drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Miralax and Ventricular Hypertrophy - 31 seconds ago
- Pamine and Elidel drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Buspirone Hcl and Qualaquin drug interaction - 37 seconds ago