Evista and Hiccups - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hiccups is reported only by a few people who take Evista.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Evista and have Hiccups. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,183 people who have side effects while taking Evista from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,183 people reported to have side effects when taking Evista.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Hiccups.
What is Evista?
Evista has active ingredients of raloxifene hydrochloride. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 25,627 Evista users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hiccups?
Hiccups (an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm and respiratory organs, with a sudden closure of the glottis and a sound like a cough) is found to be associated with 1,711 drugs and 1,152 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Evista and Hiccups reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hiccups when taking Evista *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hiccups when taking Evista *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Evista *:
- Symbicort: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nasonex: 2 people, 100.00%
- Flovent: 2 people, 100.00%
- Allegra: 2 people, 100.00%
- Advair Hfa: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hiccups *:
- Swallowing Difficulty: 2 people, 100.00%
- Salivary Hypersecretion (excess saliva secretion): 2 people, 100.00%
- Macular Degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision): 2 people, 100.00%
- Lacrimation Increased: 2 people, 100.00%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 100.00%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 100.00%
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 1 person, 50.00%
- Total Lung Capacity Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pulmonary Function Test Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 100.00%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 2 people, 100.00%
- Adverse Drug Reaction: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Evista and have Hiccups?Check whether Hiccups is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hiccups and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of raloxifene hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Evista:
- Evista (25,627 reports)
Common Evista side effects:
- Pain: 1,494 reports
- Weakness: 1,156 reports
- Joint pain: 1,078 reports
- Dizziness: 1,051 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,026 reports
Browse all side effects of Evista:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hiccups treatments and more:
- Hiccups (9,299 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hiccups:
- Hiccups in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hiccups in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hiccups in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hiccups:
- Revlimid: 448 reports
- Aspirin: 432 reports
- Nicorette: 403 reports
- Commit: 313 reports
- Omeprazole: 284 reports
- Metformin: 256 reports
- Fluorouracil: 247 reports
- Dexamethasone: 230 reports
- Nicotine polacrilex: 215 reports
- Cisplatin: 208 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hiccups:
- Hiccups (1,711 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hiccups:
- Multiple myeloma: 598 reports
- High blood pressure: 360 reports
- Quit smoking: 299 reports
- Pain: 238 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 233 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 223 reports
- Diabetes: 185 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hiccups:
- Hiccups (1,152 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on raloxifene hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Evista) and Evista (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Allopurinol and Mesenteric Occlusion - 2 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Depersonalisation - 6 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Localised Infection - 8 seconds ago
- Jublia and Macular Degeneration - 9 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Dental Necrosis - 12 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Enlarged Heart - 14 seconds ago
- Allegra and Retinal Disorder - 14 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Renal Cancer Stage Iv - 20 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Injection Site Erythema - 23 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Coronary Artery Bypass - 25 seconds ago