Exidine and Drug toxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 15,490 people who have side effects when taking Exidine. Drug toxicity is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Vancomycin and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Exidine and have Drug toxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Exidine.
Among them, 25 people (0.16%) have Drug toxicity.
What is Exidine?
Exidine has active ingredients of chlorhexidine gluconate. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 15,543 Exidine users.
What is Drug toxicity?
Drug toxicity is found to be associated with 1,866 drugs and 1,377 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 20,258 people who have Drug toxicity.
Number of Exidine and Drug toxicity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Drug toxicity when taking Exidine *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Drug toxicity when taking Exidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10.53 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 31.58 %
- 50-59: 15.79 %
- 60+: 42.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Exidine *:
- Vancomycin: 12 people, 48.00%
- Aredia: 11 people, 44.00%
- Zometa: 10 people, 40.00%
- Protonix: 10 people, 40.00%
- Dexamethasone: 9 people, 36.00%
- Septra Ds: 9 people, 36.00%
- Thalidomide: 9 people, 36.00%
- Coumadin: 8 people, 32.00%
- Ondansetron: 8 people, 32.00%
- Prednisone: 8 people, 32.00%
Common side effects people have besides Drug toxicity *:
- Infection: 10 people, 40.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 40.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 40.00%
- Back Pain: 10 people, 40.00%
- Pain: 10 people, 40.00%
- Cough: 10 people, 40.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 9 people, 36.00%
- Emotional Distress: 9 people, 36.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 9 people, 36.00%
- Disease Recurrence: 9 people, 36.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 36.00%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 4.00%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 1 person, 4.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 4.00%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 4.00%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Exidine and have Drug toxicity?Check whether Drug toxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Wandalkar P, Daswani BR, Pandit PT, Ghongane BB, "A case of Phenytoin toxicity", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCES IN PHARMACY, BIOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY, 2014 Jan .
Exidine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Exidine side effects (15,543 reports)
Drug toxicity treatments and more:
- Drug toxicity (20,258 reports)
Common drugs associated with Drug toxicity:
- Acetaminophen: 1,748 reports
- Diazepam: 1,082 reports
- Morphine: 1,068 reports
- Prednisone: 823 reports
- Alprazolam: 795 reports
- Methotrexate: 765 reports
- Duragesic: 650 reports
- Profen: 638 reports
- Ibu: 637 reports
- Ibuprofen: 636 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Drug toxicity:
- Drug toxicity (1,866 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Drug toxicity:
- Pain: 893 reports
- Depression: 751 reports
- High blood pressure: 369 reports
- Epilepsy: 330 reports
- Hiv infection: 302 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Drug toxicity:
- Drug toxicity (1,377 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on chlorhexidine gluconate (the active ingredients of Exidine) and Exidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Magnesium Aspartate drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Effexor Xr and Road Traffic Accident - 3 seconds ago
- Atorvastatin Calcium and Pituitary Tumor Benign - 6 seconds ago
- Magnesium Sulfate and Cancer Pain - 8 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide and Valsartan drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Varenicline and Pravastatin Sodium drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Seroquel and Q10 drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 19 seconds ago
- Depo-Testosterone and Emtricitabine drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Fluconazole and Antivert drug interaction - 26 seconds ago