Exjade and Primary myelofibrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 29,150 people who have side effects when taking Exjade. Primary myelofibrosis is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Hydrea and have Myelodysplastic syndrome.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Exjade and have Primary myelofibrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
What are phase IV trials?
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
29,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Exjade.
Among them, 156 people (0.54%) have Primary myelofibrosis.
What is Exjade?
Exjade has active ingredients of deferasirox. It is used in iron overload. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 29,364 Exjade users.
What is Primary myelofibrosis?
Primary myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow) is found to be associated with 1,101 drugs and 790 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 38,240 people who have Primary myelofibrosis.
Number of Exjade and Primary myelofibrosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Exjade when people have Primary myelofibrosis *:
Gender of people who have Primary myelofibrosis when taking Exjade*:
Age of people who have Primary myelofibrosis when taking Exjade *:
Common drugs people take besides Exjade *:
Common side effects people have besides Primary myelofibrosis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Exjade and have Primary myelofibrosis?Check whether Primary myelofibrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Díaz-García JD, Gallegos-Villalobos A, Gonzalez-Espinoza L, Sanchez-Ni?o MD, Villarrubia J, Ortiz A, "Deferasirox nephrotoxicity [mdash] the knowns and unknowns", Nature reviews nephrology, 2014 Oct .
- Riva A, "Comment on: A record number of fatalities in many categories of patients treated with deferasirox: loopholes in regulatory and marketing procedures undermine patient safety and misguide public funds?", Expert opinion on drug safety, 2013 Sep .
- Riva A, "Deferasirox's toxicity", The Lancet, 2013 Jul .
- Kontoghiorghes GJ, "Turning a blind eye to deferasirox's toxicity?", The Lancet, 2013 Apr .
- Kontoghiorghes GJ, "A record number of fatalities in many categories of patients treated with deferasirox: loopholes in regulatory and marketing procedures undermine patient safety and misguide public funds?", Taylor & Francis, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Primary myelofibrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of deferasirox:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Exjade:
- Exjade (29,364 reports)
Browse all side effects of Exjade:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Primary myelofibrosis treatments and more:
- Primary myelofibrosis (38,240 reports)
Common drugs associated with Primary myelofibrosis:
- Jakafi: 776 reports
- Aspirin: 275 reports
- Hydrea: 264 reports
- Allopurinol: 171 reports
- Lopurin: 171 reports
- Exjade: 156 reports
- Nplate: 155 reports
- Prednisone: 152 reports
- Prednisolone: 142 reports
- Hydroxyurea: 141 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Primary myelofibrosis:
- Primary myelofibrosis (1,101 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Primary myelofibrosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Primary myelofibrosis:
- Primary myelofibrosis (790 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on deferasirox (the active ingredients of Exjade) and Exjade (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Baclofen and Hand Deformity - 5 seconds ago
- Nitrolingual Pumpspray and Enulose drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Methylphenidate and Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased - 18 seconds ago
- Aptivus and Depakene drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Dipentum and Cardura drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Anastrozole drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Repatha and Paraesthesia Oral - 25 seconds ago
- Miconazole Nitrate and Unasyn drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Infertility - 38 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone Valerate and Elidel drug interaction - 39 seconds ago