Eylea and Intraocular pressure increased - from FDA reports
Intraocular pressure increased is found among people who take Eylea, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lucentis, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This review analyzes which people have Intraocular pressure increased with Eylea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,671 people who have side effects when taking Eylea from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 30, 2017
6,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Eylea.
Among them, 96 people (1.44%) have Intraocular pressure increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Eylea when people have Intraocular pressure increased *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.08 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.42 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.17 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Intraocular pressure increased when taking Eylea *:
- female: 37.5 %
- male: 62.5 %
Age of people who have Intraocular pressure increased when taking Eylea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.03 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 96.97 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (31 people, 32.29%)
- Retinal Vessel Occlusion (11 people, 11.46%)
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (7 people, 7.29%)
- Macular Oedema (3 people, 3.12%)
- Retinal Pigment Epitheliopathy (2 people, 2.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lucentis (9 people, 9.38%)
- Avastin (5 people, 5.21%)
- Ozurdex (3 people, 3.12%)
- Metformin (3 people, 3.12%)
- Amlodipine (3 people, 3.12%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blindness Unilateral (19 people, 19.79%)
- Endophthalmitis (18 people, 18.75%)
- Eye Pain (17 people, 17.71%)
- Visual Acuity Reduced (15 people, 15.62%)
- Blindness Transient (14 people, 14.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Intraocular pressure increased when taking Eylea?
- Check symptoms - is intraocular pressure increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIntraocular pressure increased and drugs with ingredients of aflibercept.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIntraocular pressure increased and Eylea from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Eylea has active ingredients of aflibercept. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Eylea 6,687 users)
Intraocular pressure increased
Intraocular pressure increased has been reported by people with glaucoma, high blood pressure, intraocular pressure increased, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 10,327 Intraocular pressure increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Eyleaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Intraocular pressure increasedIntraocular pressure increased
Could your condition cause Intraocular pressure increasedIntraocular pressure increased
- Age-related macular degeneration and Intraocular pressure increased
- Retinal vessel occlusion and Intraocular pressure increased
- Diabetic retinal oedema and Intraocular pressure increased
- Macular oedema and Intraocular pressure increased
- Retinal pigment epitheliopathy and Intraocular pressure increased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I have been having Eyelea for over 2 years sometimes with a painful after period.Yesterday had severe pain , and vision difficult with pain. panadol helped but today still some milder pain but headache persists, at least can still read, but have photophobia,is this common?