Eylea and Vitreous floaters - from FDA reports
Vitreous floaters is found among people who take Eylea, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Avastin, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This review analyzes which people have Vitreous floaters with Eylea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,671 people who have side effects when taking Eylea from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 06, 2018
6,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Eylea.
Among them, 146 people (2.19%) have Vitreous floaters
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Eylea when people have Vitreous floaters *:
- < 1 month: 67.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vitreous floaters when taking Eylea *:
- female: 63.29 %
- male: 36.71 %
Age of people who have Vitreous floaters when taking Eylea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.57 %
- 50-59: 1.79 %
- 60+: 94.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (52 people, 35.62%)
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (5 people, 3.42%)
- Retinal Vessel Occlusion (4 people, 2.74%)
- Macular Oedema (4 people, 2.74%)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (2 people, 1.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Avastin (8 people, 5.48%)
- Lucentis (6 people, 4.11%)
- Metformin (4 people, 2.74%)
- Coumadin (4 people, 2.74%)
- Betadine (4 people, 2.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vision Blurred (33 people, 22.60%)
- Visual Acuity Reduced (32 people, 21.92%)
- Visual Impairment (28 people, 19.18%)
- Eye Pain (26 people, 17.81%)
- Blindness (21 people, 14.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Vitreous floaters when taking Eylea?
- Check symptoms - is vitreous floaters caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVitreous floaters and drugs with ingredients of aflibercept.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVitreous floaters and Eylea from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Eylea has active ingredients of aflibercept. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Eylea 6,687 users)
Vitreous floaters (spots before the eyes) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, age-related macular degeneration (latest reports from 4,798 Vitreous floaters patients).
Browse all side effects of Eyleaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Vitreous floatersVitreous floaters
Could your condition cause Vitreous floatersVitreous floaters
What would happen?
User posts to the study
I have been having Eyelea for over 2 years sometimes with a painful after period.Yesterday had severe pain , and vision difficult with pain. panadol helped but today still some milder pain but headache persists, at least can still read, but have photophobia,is this common?