Famotidine and Kyphosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 74,580 people who have side effects when taking Famotidine. Kyphosis is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Zometa and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Famotidine and have Kyphosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
74,580 people reported to have side effects when taking Famotidine.
Among them, 43 people (0.06%) have Kyphosis.
What is Famotidine?
Famotidine has active ingredients of famotidine. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 75,935 Famotidine users.
What is Kyphosis?
Kyphosis (a condition of over-curvature of the thoracic vertebrae (upper back)) is found to be associated with 1,326 drugs and 717 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 3,150 people who have Kyphosis.
Number of Famotidine and Kyphosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Kyphosis when taking Famotidine *:
- female: 73.81 %
- male: 26.19 %
Age of people who have Kyphosis when taking Famotidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.56 %
- 30-39: 2.56 %
- 40-49: 20.51 %
- 50-59: 35.9 %
- 60+: 38.46 %
Common drugs people take besides Famotidine *:
- Zometa: 32 people, 74.42%
- Lisinopril: 20 people, 46.51%
- Lortab: 19 people, 44.19%
- Metronidazole: 19 people, 44.19%
- Oxycontin: 19 people, 44.19%
- Revlimid: 18 people, 41.86%
- Zolpidem: 18 people, 41.86%
- Acetylcysteine: 18 people, 41.86%
- Zosyn: 17 people, 39.53%
- Aranesp: 17 people, 39.53%
Common side effects people have besides Kyphosis *:
- Pain: 34 people, 79.07%
- Stress And Anxiety: 34 people, 79.07%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 32 people, 74.42%
- Back Pain: 31 people, 72.09%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 27 people, 62.79%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 26 people, 60.47%
- Breathing Difficulty: 26 people, 60.47%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 25 people, 58.14%
- Injury: 24 people, 55.81%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 24 people, 55.81%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 9 people, 20.93%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 20.93%
- Bone Disorder: 6 people, 13.95%
- Breast Cancer: 5 people, 11.63%
- Gait Disturbance: 3 people, 6.98%
- Aseptic Necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 2 people, 4.65%
- Pathological Fracture (broken bone caused by disease): 2 people, 4.65%
- Bone Erosion: 2 people, 4.65%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 2 people, 4.65%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 2 people, 4.65%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Famotidine and have Kyphosis?Check whether Kyphosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Famotidine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Famotidine side effects (75,935 reports)
Kyphosis treatments and more:
- Kyphosis (3,150 reports)
Common drugs associated with Kyphosis:
- Fosamax: 895 reports
- Zometa: 628 reports
- Aredia: 518 reports
- Prednisone: 497 reports
- Aspirin: 301 reports
- Oxycontin: 289 reports
- Prilosec: 271 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 259 reports
- Coumadin: 250 reports
- Percocet: 243 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Kyphosis:
- Kyphosis (1,326 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Kyphosis:
- Osteoporosis: 846 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 234 reports
- High blood pressure: 159 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 152 reports
- Pain: 133 reports
- Asthma: 121 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Kyphosis:
- Kyphosis (717 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on famotidine (the active ingredients of Famotidine) and Famotidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Slow-K and Nplate drug interaction - now
- Fluticasone Propionate and Cyanocobalamin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Cozaar and Darifenacin drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Lithium Carbonate and Cataflam drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Cardizem and Cervical Spinal Stenosis - 25 seconds ago
- Erythromycin and Griseofulvin drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Vigabatrin and Insomnia - 41 seconds ago
- Austedo and Estradiol drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Vitamins and Neoprofen drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole and Fungizone drug interaction - a minute ago