Famotidine and Retinal disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 74,580 people who have side effects when taking Famotidine. Retinal disorder is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Lipitor and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Famotidine and have Retinal disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
74,580 people reported to have side effects when taking Famotidine.
Among them, 14 people (0.02%) have Retinal disorder.
What is Famotidine?
Famotidine has active ingredients of famotidine. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 75,949 Famotidine users.
What is Retinal disorder?
Retinal disorder (disease of retina) is found to be associated with 866 drugs and 485 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 3,399 people who have Retinal disorder.
Number of Famotidine and Retinal disorder reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Retinal disorder when taking Famotidine *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Retinal disorder when taking Famotidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Famotidine *:
- Lipitor: 6 people, 42.86%
- Zofran: 4 people, 28.57%
- Flonase: 4 people, 28.57%
- Folic Acid: 4 people, 28.57%
- Inderal: 3 people, 21.43%
- Miralax: 3 people, 21.43%
- Proair Hfa: 3 people, 21.43%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 21.43%
- Relafen: 3 people, 21.43%
- Restasis: 3 people, 21.43%
Common side effects people have besides Retinal disorder *:
- Metamorphopsia (a type of distorted vision in which a grid of straight lines appears wavy and parts of the grid may appear blank): 5 people, 35.71%
- Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Vitreous Floaters (spots before the eyes): 4 people, 28.57%
- Color Blindness (inability to view some colour): 4 people, 28.57%
- Vision Blurred: 4 people, 28.57%
- Fall: 3 people, 21.43%
- Memory Loss: 3 people, 21.43%
- Joint Swelling: 3 people, 21.43%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 3 people, 21.43%
- Migraine (headache): 3 people, 21.43%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 28.57%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 21.43%
- Asthma: 3 people, 21.43%
- Migraine (headache): 3 people, 21.43%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 21.43%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 21.43%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 21.43%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 3 people, 21.43%
- Essential Tremor: 3 people, 21.43%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Famotidine and have Retinal disorder?Check whether Retinal disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Famotidine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Famotidine side effects (75,949 reports)
Retinal disorder treatments and more:
- Retinal disorder (3,399 reports)
Common drugs associated with Retinal disorder:
- Prednisone: 179 reports
- Lucentis: 153 reports
- Humira: 136 reports
- Aspirin: 136 reports
- Humalog: 127 reports
- Lantus: 116 reports
- Methotrexate: 111 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Retinal disorder:
- Retinal disorder (866 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Retinal disorder:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 210 reports
- High blood pressure: 143 reports
- Diabetes: 139 reports
- Osteoporosis: 112 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Retinal disorder:
- Retinal disorder (485 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on famotidine (the active ingredients of Famotidine) and Famotidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Advil and Ruptured Eardrum - 5 seconds ago
- Motrin and Oral Candidiasis - 8 seconds ago
- Tequin and Vfend drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Sancuso and High Blood Pressure - 10 seconds ago
- Mycophenolic Acid and Abdominal Pain - 12 seconds ago
- Cysteine and Arava drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Pyridium and Cardiac Disorder - 16 seconds ago
- Prozac and Rapamune drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Oravig and Imiquimod drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Aldactazide and Enoxaparin Sodium drug interaction - 26 seconds ago