Who have Granulocytopenia with Famvir - from FDA reports
Granulocytopenia is found among people who take Famvir, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Skin ulcer. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,608 people who have side effects when taking Famvir from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,608 people reported to have side effects when taking Famvir.
Among them, 77 people (2.95%) have Granulocytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Famvir when people have Granulocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Granulocytopenia when taking Famvir *:
- female: 46.05 %
- male: 53.95 %
Age of people who have Granulocytopenia when taking Famvir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 15.62 %
- 50-59: 43.75 %
- 60+: 40.62 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 7 people, 9.09%
- Mouth Ulcers: 7 people, 9.09%
- Skin Ulcer: 7 people, 9.09%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 5 people, 6.49%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 6.49%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 33 people, 42.86%
- Levaquin: 28 people, 36.36%
- Aredia: 28 people, 36.36%
- Amoxicillin: 27 people, 35.06%
- Diflucan: 25 people, 32.47%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia: 38 people, 49.35%
- Stress And Anxiety: 37 people, 48.05%
- Pain: 33 people, 42.86%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 30 people, 38.96%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 29 people, 37.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Granulocytopenia while taking Famvir?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Granulocytopenia
- Subscribe to monitor Granulocytopenia in Famvir
You are not alone:
Famvir has active ingredients of famciclovir. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from Famvir 2,697 users)
Granulocytopenia (lack of granulocyte) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, schizophrenia, breast cancer, preventive health care, high blood pressure (latest reports from 99,497 Granulocytopenia patients).
Drugs that are associated with GranulocytopeniaGranulocytopenia (2,518 drugs)
Could your condition cause GranulocytopeniaGranulocytopenia (2,772 conditions)
Famvir side effects
- Famvir side effects (2,611 reports)
Browse all side effects of Famvira b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Peppermint Oil drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Abdominal Hernia Obstructive with Baclofen? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hiv Infection Cdc Group Iv Subgroup C2 with Tramadol? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pancreatitis Acute with Valproic Acid? - 3 seconds ago
- Prazosin Hydrochloride and Xanax drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Suboxone - an hour ago
- A study for a 93 year old woman who takes Clonidine, Prednisone - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Lisinopril for a 67 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Axiron - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Lipitor, Fish Oil, Losartan, Asa, Vitamin D, Tikosyn - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.