Who have Death with Farxiga - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Farxiga, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin, and have Type 2 diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,960 people who have side effects when taking Farxiga from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
4,960 people reported to have side effects when taking Farxiga.
Among them, 43 people (0.87%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Farxiga when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Farxiga *:
- female: 25.64 %
- male: 74.36 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Farxiga *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 8 people, 18.60%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 4.65%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 4.65%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 2 people, 4.65%
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (cholesterol increased in blood): 1 person, 2.33%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 2.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.33%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 2.33%
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin: 1 person, 2.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 2.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin: 6 people, 13.95%
- Amlodipine: 3 people, 6.98%
- Bydureon: 2 people, 4.65%
- Crestor: 2 people, 4.65%
- Januvia: 2 people, 4.65%
- Lasix: 2 people, 4.65%
- Xigduo Xr: 2 people, 4.65%
- Victoza: 1 person, 2.33%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 2.33%
- Jardiance: 1 person, 2.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 4.65%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 2.33%
- Cerebral Disorder (brain disease): 1 person, 2.33%
- Itching: 1 person, 2.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.33%
- Fungal Infection: 1 person, 2.33%
- Eating Disorder: 1 person, 2.33%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 1 person, 2.33%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 1 person, 2.33%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 2.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death while taking Farxiga?
You are not alone:
Farxiga has active ingredients of dapagliflozin. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Farxiga 5,015 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 484,550 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,548 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,517 conditions)
Farxiga side effects
- Farxiga side effects (4,589 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Farxigaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder with Simcor? - now
- Will you have Nocturnal Myoclonus with Simcor? - now
- Will you have Restless Leg Syndrome with Simcor? - now
- Will you have Blister with Sevoflurane? - a second ago
- Will you have Weedy Nightshade Poisoning with Phentermine Hydrochloride? - 3 seconds ago
- Women aged 40-49 who have Yaws with Imlee - 4 seconds ago
- Mesalamine and Ximino drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir and Oat Straw drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Girls aged 0-1 who have Cerebrovascular Accident with Acthar - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Necrosis with Protonix? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Lyrica - an hour ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Amlodipine Besylate; Benazepril Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Tylenol, Azithromycin - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Levonorgestrel;ethinyl;estradiol;ethinyl;estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Desogestrel; Ethinylestradiol; Ethinyl Estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Crestor for a 70 year old man - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Vivitrol - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Glimepiride, Tramadol - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 13 year old boy who takes Keppra, Strattera - 11 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.