Will you have Sudden death with Farxiga - from FDA reports
Sudden death is found among people who take Farxiga, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin, and have Type 2 diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,960 people who have side effects when taking Farxiga from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on dapagliflozin (the active ingredients of Farxiga) and Farxiga (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Sudden death are also considered in the study.
What is Farxiga?
Farxiga has active ingredients of dapagliflozin. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Farxiga 5,015 users)
What is Sudden death?
Sudden death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 484,550 Sudden death patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
4,960 people reported to have side effects when taking Farxiga.
Among them, 43 people (0.87%) have Sudden death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Farxiga when people have Sudden death *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Farxiga *:
- female: 25.64 %
- male: 74.36 %
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Farxiga *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 8 people, 18.60%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 4.65%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 4.65%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 2 people, 4.65%
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (cholesterol increased in blood): 1 person, 2.33%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 2.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.33%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 2.33%
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin: 1 person, 2.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 2.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin: 6 people, 13.95%
- Amlodipine: 3 people, 6.98%
- Bydureon: 2 people, 4.65%
- Crestor: 2 people, 4.65%
- Januvia: 2 people, 4.65%
- Lasix: 2 people, 4.65%
- Xigduo Xr: 2 people, 4.65%
- Victoza: 1 person, 2.33%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 2.33%
- Jardiance: 1 person, 2.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 4.65%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 2.33%
- Cerebral Disorder (brain disease): 1 person, 2.33%
- Itching: 1 person, 2.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.33%
- Fungal Infection: 1 person, 2.33%
- Eating Disorder: 1 person, 2.33%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 1 person, 2.33%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 1 person, 2.33%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 2.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Sudden death while taking Farxiga?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Sudden death
- Subscribe to monitor Sudden death in Farxiga
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Farxiga and have Sudden death
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Sudden deathSudden death (3,549 drugs)
Could your condition cause Sudden deathSudden death (3,584 conditions)
Farxiga side effects
- Farxiga side effects (4,960 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Farxigaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Vitamin E and Lactobacillus Bulgaricus drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome Neonatal with Alprazolam? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Oblique Presentation with Diflucan? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Tobacco Abuse with Alendronic Acid? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Infantile Eczema with Pitocin? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Dermatitis - Atopic with Pitocin? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Atopic Eczema with Pitocin? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Serotonergic Syndrome with Prempro? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Hyperserotonemia with Prempro? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Polyp with Boniva? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Xeloda - an hour ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Maxide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan, Humira, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prednisone, Durezol - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Clexane, Atarax, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Mirtazapine for a 53 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 53 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Pristiq - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 13 hours ago
- Prediction of Benadryl, Nabumetone for a 23 year old woman - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Mirena, Strattera - 14 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.