Femara and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Femara, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Femara. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,123 people who have side effects when taking Femara from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
11,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Femara.
Among them, 1,017 people (9.14%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Femara when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 12.28 %
- 1 - 6 months: 35.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.53 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.79 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.79 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.77 %
- 10+ years: 1.75 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Femara *:
- female: 96.76 %
- male: 3.24 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Femara *:
- 0-1: 0.13 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.26 %
- 20-29: 0.52 %
- 30-39: 0.78 %
- 40-49: 16.04 %
- 50-59: 32.47 %
- 60+: 49.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (163 people, 16.03%)
- Pain (100 people, 9.83%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (98 people, 9.64%)
- Depression (88 people, 8.65%)
- Osteoporosis (49 people, 4.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (470 people, 46.21%)
- Aredia (343 people, 33.73%)
- Faslodex (253 people, 24.88%)
- Taxotere (179 people, 17.60%)
- Prilosec (169 people, 16.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (492 people, 48.38%)
- Fatigue (450 people, 44.25%)
- Pain (429 people, 42.18%)
- Stress And Anxiety (408 people, 40.12%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (389 people, 38.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Nausea when taking Femara?
- Check symptoms - is nausea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNausea and drugs with ingredients of letrozole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNausea and Femara from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Femara has active ingredients of letrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Femara 11,598 users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 473,268 Nausea patients).
Browse all side effects of Femaraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
User reviews to the study
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I just found out a few weeks ago, that I have severe chronic interstitial lung diasese. Peter to that, for months I was nauseous , super tired & glued to my bed. Well the nausea has got worst & I need someone's help. Thanks Don
Only took ventilin for two days and spent evening of 2nd day and full 3rd day lying down with nausea... luckily I only needed for viral recovery. Must use something else if i ever have to use again...
I have been taking this drug for about a month. I am only on 5mg per day. I just started having nausea all day long. I see that nausea is a common side effect- but wondering if it can start after a month of taking it. :)