Fenofibrate and Gouty arthritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gouty arthritis is reported only by a few people who take Fenofibrate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fenofibrate and have Gouty arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,995 people who have side effects while taking Fenofibrate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,995 people reported to have side effects when taking Fenofibrate.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Gouty arthritis.
What is Fenofibrate?
Fenofibrate has active ingredients of fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 34,987 Fenofibrate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gouty arthritis?
Gouty arthritis (joint inflammation with crystal formation) is found to be associated with 663 drugs and 344 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fenofibrate and Gouty arthritis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gouty arthritis when taking Fenofibrate *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Gouty arthritis when taking Fenofibrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Fenofibrate *:
- Metformin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Xarelto: 2 people, 40.00%
- Bumetanide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Glipizide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Januvia: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zopiclone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Simvastatin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Valsartan: 2 people, 40.00%
- Acarbose: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gouty arthritis *:
- Pharyngeal Oedema (abnormal accumulation of fluid in the cavities and intercellular spaces of the pharyngeal): 2 people, 40.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Joint Swelling: 2 people, 40.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
- Bleeding Varicose Vein: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cardiac Murmur (an heart sound in valve abnormality): 1 person, 20.00%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 1 person, 20.00%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 60.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 40.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 40.00%
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow)): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 1 person, 20.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fenofibrate and have Gouty arthritis?Check whether Gouty arthritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gouty arthritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fenofibrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fenofibrate:
- Fenofibrate (34,987 reports)
Common Fenofibrate side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,074 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,881 reports
- Weakness: 1,580 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,554 reports
- Pain: 1,457 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,411 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,396 reports
Browse all side effects of Fenofibrate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gouty arthritis treatments and more:
- Gouty arthritis (2,223 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gouty arthritis:
- Gouty arthritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gouty arthritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gouty arthritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gouty arthritis:
- Allopurinol: 160 reports
- Lopurin: 156 reports
- Fosamax: 116 reports
- Aspirin: 111 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gouty arthritis:
- Gouty arthritis (663 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Gouty arthritis:
- Gouty arthritis (344 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fenofibrate (the active ingredients of Fenofibrate) and Fenofibrate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aromasin and Cellulitis Aggravated - 8 seconds ago
- Eligard and Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis - 13 seconds ago
- Lorcet-Hd and Sleep Disorder - 15 seconds ago
- Bisoprolol Fumarate and Neuroendocrine Carcinoma Of The Skin - 16 seconds ago
- Septra Ds and Drug Abuse And Dependence - 22 seconds ago
- Proventil and Bronchiectasis - 26 seconds ago
- Kyprolis and Intestinal Obstruction - 37 seconds ago
- Lomotil and Stress And Anxiety - 38 seconds ago
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen and Cor Pulmonale Chronic - 43 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Nph Insulin drug interaction - 48 seconds ago